Author Topic: Official Mock Trade Deadline Trade Thread  (Read 39785 times)

Re: Official Mock Trade Deadline Trade Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2016, 01:10:07 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Spurs have positioned themselves nicely for a title run.

Well done, sir. Well done.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2016, 11:40:50 AM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
Let's seed the teams #1-32 and have a tournament.
Readers vote on which teams advance each round.
With their new rosters of course.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2016, 12:39:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think it will be interesting to see if Rockets do trade Howard if they get a better deal than I managed. And wonder if Rockets also go on to try to free up cap space as I did. Only two deals I made.

Moved Howard (+Ariza),
Howard for Affalo, Lopez, Williams, Dallas 1st and NYK swap with C's or Nets 2017.
The last pick is likely in lottery based on CB Mock.

Then the cap move,
Lawson, McDaniels and Harrel for Nene and Neal
It just gets me to Max level for a FA in off season.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:25:51 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Breaking: Just before the abrupt end of the CB Mock Trade Deadline, the Hawks and Raptors have agreed to a deal.

Hawks Receive: Lauvergne and Joseph
Raptors Receive: Mack, Scott, and Sefalosa

King Jeffery on the trade, "I'm glad to say that I am taking my talents to the Hawks and I look forward to beating the Raptors in the playoffs this year."

« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2016, 08:03:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Was fun thanks to all who played and to the OP for the idea to bring this to CB.

« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
So, Max215, now that the trade deadline has passed, how are we going to do the rating system?

What I think we should do is put up a poll with all thirty teams and their rosters and have everyone vote on who bettered their team the most. You could also allow each individual to vote twice, and that would serve as each person voting for both A) who positioned themselves best for a current run at a title and B) who positioned themselves best for the future. This way it won't be prejudiced towards either current contenders or those who built for the future. Then, whoever has the most overall votes wins. We could try and have the poll run all weekend, and we could have the cutoff time be 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, February 21st. (That way it's not running forever)

Does that sound like a good idea to everybody?

I'd be open to creating the poll and everything, but we'd just have to have everyone send me their full roster and team name and everything.

« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2016, 11:07:48 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
So, Max215, now that the trade deadline has passed, how are we going to do the rating system?

What I think we should do is put up a poll with all thirty teams and their rosters and have everyone vote on who bettered their team the most. You could also allow each individual to vote twice, and that would serve as each person voting for both A) who positioned themselves best for a current run at a title and B) who positioned themselves best for the future. This way it won't be prejudiced towards either current contenders or those who built for the future. Then, whoever has the most overall votes wins. We could try and have the poll run all weekend, and we could have the cutoff time be 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, February 21st. (That way it's not running forever)

I'd be open to creating the poll and everything, but we'd just have to have everyone send me their full roster and team name and everything.

All sounds good to me. Maybe people could post explanations of what they did too?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2016, 01:36:58 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I still need updated rosters for the Nets, Pistons, Heat, Raptors, Mavs, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Suns, Trailblazers, and Jazz if you're wanting to be included in the voting tomorrow. I will PM the GMs of each team to get their rosters, but I will need it before roughly 12 p.m. Eastern on Saturday, February 20 when I plan to post the poll for voting.

« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2016, 04:20:59 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

All sounds good to me. Maybe people could post explanations of what they did too?
Well I kind of did both I added more role players/depth, picks and cap space. It set me up to stay competitive and have great future possibilities. So I lose in poll as its not enough in either direction to be a homerun.

« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2016, 02:43:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
The Official Mock Trade Deadline Roster Voting Poll is up! You can find it here: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=83118.new#new
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:03:58 PM by jpotter33 »