Author Topic: Celtics/Hawks/Magic  (Read 976 times)

Celtics/Hawks/Magic
« on: February 10, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »

Offline Ainge4Prez

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Since the Hawks and Magic have reportedly discussed an Oladipo for Teague trade, I thought of a couple trades that I think would help everyone involved.

Celtics get: Victor Oladipo
Al Horford

Hawks get: Tobias Harris, DLee, Olynyk, Bkn18, Dal16

Magic get: Paul Millsap
Jeff Teague

or

Al Horford
Andrew Nicholson

Hawks get: Dlee, Olynyk, Dal16, Bos16,

Magic get: Avery Bradley, Mem future 1st

Re: Celtics/Hawks/Magic
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 01:52:07 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I love the first deal for us and it makes some sense for Orlando (though I'm not sure they'd want Teague), but the Hawks get absolutely shafted.  The second deal is better.  The Hawks are probably hoping for more than that for Horford, but I don't know if they'll get it anywhere else and they might take that deal if they think they'll lose him for nothing.  I'm not sure if the Magic would trade Oladipo for another 2 guard since their main problem is the logjam on the wing, but Bradley is a much better shooter than Oladipo so it does make some sense.  We are giving up quite a lot here.  That's what it takes to get a guy like Horford, but I would definitely at least try to get a sense of how willing he is to re-sign here before I make a move like this.

Edit:  I didn't realize that Orlando had discussed acquiring Teague.  That seems odd to me, but if they have interest then forget about my comment about them not wanting him.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 03:25:45 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jqjp6mw

To Boston: Tobias Harris and Horford

To Atlanta: Lee, Bradley, and Zeller, Dallas and Boston pick

To Orlando: Teague, Sully, J Holliday (as filler)

Obviously we get the best of this but Orlando gets a good haul for Tobias Harris.

Atlanta is the question mark, Horford and Teague will command a good price.
Are bradley and zeller (both of whom would fit well in a the hawks system) plus lee's contract and two mid/late first rounders enough to get them to bite?

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:03:58 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Since the Hawks and Magic have reportedly discussed an Oladipo for Teague trade, I thought of a couple trades that I think would help everyone involved.

Al Horford

Hawks get: Tobias Harris, DLee, Olynyk, Bkn18, Dal16

Magic get: Paul Millsap
Jeff Teague

or

Al Horford
Andrew Nicholson

Hawks get: Dlee, Olynyk, Dal16, Bos16,

Magic get: Avery Bradley, Mem future 1st
Atlanta would never do the first. They'd be giving up Horford, Teague, and Millsap for Harris, Olynyk and 2 mid-first rounders. They could get those draft picks for Horford or Millsap alone.

In the second example, these are two seperate 2-team trades and there's no way Orlando would do it. I doubt Atlanta would do it either.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008