Author Topic: Milwaukee game comments, anyone???  (Read 2744 times)

Re: Milwaukee game comments, anyone???
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 09:32:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm not too worried, it was a dumb mistake on Bradley, but he'll get over it, the team will get over it...it'll be a nice experience for him going forward

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 09:37:04 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I actually feel better about this team after the loss for a couple of reasons.
1: poise. Team looked like it new it could win. Crowder, all business. Oly the ice man.
2: they only played D for the last 8 minutes. If they don't want this to happen again they will recommit to 48 minutes of hard nosed defense.

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I tuned in only for the 4th quarter and echo that I was really impressed with the Celtics' poise.

Did anyone see Turner and Crowder yelling at each other and maybe even push/slap each other after Turner got the rebound under the rim, pumped about 4x then missed the follow-up with about 3 min left?

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Turner and IT were brutal.  Yet we were within one of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen away from overtime.  The fact that we could survive that attrocious basketball from those two and be right there at the end is pretty encouraging.

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 10:37:51 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Crowder is clearly not 100%. That is hurting us in some of these recent games.

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Bradley will get the blame because his mistake was the most visible, but the fact is that this was the worst basketball this Celtics team has played this season.  They were getting blown by when they didn't move their feet, shot over when they didn't close out hard enough, dunked on when they didn't rotate fast enough, and abused in the post when they didn't put in the work for position prior to Monroe receiving the pass.  They lost the game by 1.  They deserved to lose the game by 30. 

It was disappointing to see this performance on the heels of another subpar defensive effort against Sacramento.  Kind of wonder if the team let the Cleveland win go to their heads.  Hopefully this loss and the upcoming break will help the team refocus. 

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
...later in the fourth we switched to some hybrid zone defense and it worked, so I think that was our biggest mistake in the third and probably that's why we lost... don't know what was Brad's idea but he's human and not always things go his way...Milwaukee is extremely long and athletic team and if you don't have low post scorer they will keep you at perimeter which caused us pretty much problems. I would say IT had it the most... Before the season started I predicted the Bucks will finish fourth in the East. Now I know it sounds funny when you look at their record as of now but you gotta admit they have very young, quality and promising team over there. The problem with them is they got themselves a bad coach (did you see where he was that last time out? The assistant coach was drawing the last play!??)... any way let's forget this game and go on to the next one against Doc, Paul and the Clippers. I say we bounce back from the bad loss and kick their behind in the middle of Bean Town.

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Turner and IT were brutal.  Yet we were within one of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen away from overtime.  The fact that we could survive that attrocious basketball from those two and be right there at the end is pretty encouraging.

Turner and IT were both getting mugged and bumped every time they drove into the paint and weren't getting the calls they should have.  At least three of our turnovers by those two were very clear fouls that were not called.  And on another drive by IT, they did call the foul but would not give the continuation.  That's potentially 8 free throw attempts right there.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'm never "happy" with a loss, but I have the feeling that if the Cs had won this game, a lot of players would be thinking (at least on the subconscious level) that they can do this sort of thing all the time—that is, play like crap for large chunks of a game but then "flip the switch" just in time to pull out the win. And that would be a very bad thinking habit to develop.

As for Monroe, I know that most of us love the defensive identity of this team, but you still need reliable sources of offense, and IT is the only guy on this team who can be depended upon to put up 20+ just about every game. Bradley's a pretty good shooter, but he's not a shot creator; Turner's a pretty good shot creator but a terrible shooter; and everyone else is either streaky or doesn't get enough minutes/shots to be big-time scorers.

The ideal player is great at offense AND defense, but those guys are rare, and some folks around here may have to relinquish the idea that every Celtic has to be an above-average defender. Monroe (like Love) would at least be big contributors in scoring and rebounding, and that's nothing to sneeze at.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I'm okay with last night's game as long as we wrap up this first half by kicking the crap out of the Clippers tonight at the Garden and wind up winning our last 10 out of 12 games.
as far as Bradley's concerned he get's under my skin because of all the little things he screws up during a game like....bad passes, stepping out of bounds, weak runs to the rim and when he has a bad night does not know when to stop shooting.

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 04:33:43 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm not ok with this game.
This one is not a good lesson for them, they should have lost by 30pts instead.

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I must admit I whiffed and shut the TV off after the third quarter. Well, to be precise, I concluded the Cs game will be unwatchable, and tried switching to the Bruins  ;D (for the unaware, they were down 9-2 at that point).

From what I understand from this thread, we came back from 20 pts down and lost the game on a stupid shooting foul? Wow.
Avery and Coach Stevens choked. Olynyk was clutch on two free throws. It was a good job, good effort comeback in a trap game ruined by a Bucky Dent popup home run just over the Green Monster. Although, it was just one game.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 09:04:03 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Defense has left the building