Author Topic: Milwaukee game comments, anyone???  (Read 2745 times)

Milwaukee game comments, anyone???
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:21:02 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Here's one......Nicely engineered comeback ends on Bradley brain fart!!!

Re: Milwaukee game comments, anyone???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:28:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Bradley is not to blame.
This one is on Coach Stevens.
Why didn't we double team or foul Greg Monroe?

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:28:58 AM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Just like the Orlando game this one is on Brad Stevens.  Milwaukee game planned to attack Brad's small ball and 2nd unit and he was very slow to stop it.  He should have put K.O. in early and kept one of Sully or Amir to defend Monroe.  He left K.O. and Zeller on an island trying to defend Monroe instead of doubling down and/or inserting Sully or Amir.  Small ball and Zeller lineups were awful and made a comeback nearly impossible.  Bradley's foul was as dumb as dumb can be but the C's shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 06:30:35 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Avery Bradley learned something today.

The Bucks are starting to figure it out.

Greg Monroe... should be a Celtic.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 06:38:19 AM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

No thanks on the Monroe should be a Celtic part.  He wouldn't help this team on either end of the floor, not to mention the amount of cap space he would eat up.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:18:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sully and KO are not consistent performers.  Sully has been playing well lately and vanished, except on the boards, which he is always solid at.  KO has been up and well, but showed up last night.  We live and die by the three.  We are also a better team when ET plays well.

I too, think we should find a way to add that low post scoring to us and include Sully in the deal to get it.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 07:23:47 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

No thanks on the Monroe should be a Celtic part.  He wouldn't help this team on either end of the floor, not to mention the amount of cap space he would eat up.

Our guard rotation would help to eliviate his defensive concerns, that rating would shoot right up if you stuck Smart, Bradley and Crowder next to him IMO. He may not be Cousins on offense but he has a grown man's post game that could generate late game buckets in the front court when the game slows down in the 4th quarter and playoffs.

Give Jason Kidd, Sullinger + asserts to mold and make use of his passing abilities, Give Stevens Monroe to develop into a stud. Isaiah was always viewed as a weird fit before he came here and now he's an all star, bet Monroe could do the same.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 07:54:59 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Sully and KO are not consistent performers.  Sully has been playing well lately and vanished, except on the boards, which he is always solid at.  KO has been up and well, but showed up last night.  We live and die by the three.  We are also a better team when ET plays well.

I too, think we should find a way to add that low post scoring to us and include Sully in the deal to get it.

It is really too bad we didn't at least go to overtime because KO should be getting more credit for being super-clutch when it really mattered. He isn't an overly strong free throw shooter, but was able to knock down both of them.

The Bradley play will live in infamy. Why why why would he reach in on that play??

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 08:13:17 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I've kinda been against Monroe on this team but if you gave him Sullinger's role he might fit pretty well. Sully would have to go though, and Monroe would have to buy into Stevens' defensive schemes the way Sullinger has. And he would have to be okay with only playing 20-25, maybe 30 max MpG and not getting a guaranteed 17-10 every night.

Do a lot of people think he'd be willing to accept that?

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:04 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP...been saying that for a long time. Still a mystery as to whether he told Falk he wasn't interested in us last summer or if CBS/Danny decided he didn't fit CBS" system. Either way, we never even met with him. I thought that it was a big mistake.

He can run the floor and get position pretty quickly. Once he gets inside, he's tough. He passes real well and is an excellent rebounder. He only 25 and durable as hell. But, a lot of people don't like him. He's got the physical tools to play D....He can learn, especially under CBS.

Check out some of these offensive categories, especially the ones towards the bottom of the page:offensive cuts and offensive rebounds.

http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/?PT=player&OD=offensive

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 08:49:40 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
...woke up to watch second half... we started very solid first few minutes into third q, and then got busted for the rest of the q. It was a display of horrid coaching and messed up plays (think ET had 3 turnovers alone in 3/4)... in fourth BS make some changes which worked, team woke up and got back almost winning a game...AB made careless and stupid move at the end but I don't blame him, we should have crush them earlier... historically Moose is playing very good against us, so after the game we came to conclusion of something we already did know and that is we miss that rim protector... all the time we doubled him which caused major problems for the defense...the Bucks are very good team and they are underperforming only because of bad coaching... I liked Kidd as a player, but as a coach he's looking silly... overall I wasn't very disappointed with last night’s loss...

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 09:04:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Just like the Orlando game this one is on Brad Stevens.  Milwaukee game planned to attack Brad's small ball and 2nd unit and he was very slow to stop it.  He should have put K.O. in early and kept one of Sully or Amir to defend Monroe.  He left K.O. and Zeller on an island trying to defend Monroe instead of doubling down and/or inserting Sully or Amir.  Small ball and Zeller lineups were awful and made a comeback nearly impossible.  Bradley's foul was as dumb as dumb can be but the C's shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.
This sounds about right to me.  Comments?  I am not enjoying watching this brand of basketball and turned it off at halftime, it was no surprise at all that they lost.

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 09:08:03 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Bradley is not to blame.

This^^
When it became apparent that Celtic bigs we're helpless defending Monroe, we needed to foul or double team him...or at least call time outs to stop the flow of his onslaught. Coach needed to see this.

The Celtics lack of a good defensive center was painfully apparent, Sully was too slow, and lacking height to bother Monroe.

KO is bad enough against stationary type of slow coverage, but when ask to move his feet, he's cooked. 

Zeller is too soft, he doesn't take on personal challenges well at all. He's a back up.

The Celtics need a center that can defend his position.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 09:10:12 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Bradley is not to blame.

We were doubling him, but our doubles came at half-speed, which allowed Monroe to make plays anyway.

CBS had a perfect gameplan for a team that plays all out, as evidenced in the 4th.

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I must admit I whiffed and shut the TV off after the third quarter. Well, to be precise, I concluded the Cs game will be unwatchable, and tried switching to the Bruins  ;D (for the unaware, they were down 9-2 at that point).

From what I understand from this thread, we came back from 20 pts down and lost the game on a stupid shooting foul? Wow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."