Poll

Am I overreacting to Bradley's game-ending foul?

Totally. It was a one-time brain fart. Shouldn't affect his status at all.
26 (81.3%)
Probably. But it does genuinely cause one to worry a little about his BBIQ.
3 (9.4%)
Slightly. But he'd become overrated by us. Bradley's always been this way.
2 (6.3%)
Hardly. That was a test of his awareness in crunchtime. He got an infinite F.
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Bradley should now be especially available (Overreaction...or not?)  (Read 3900 times)

Re: Bradley should now be especially available (Overreaction...or not?)
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
It's sad but true that Avery Bradley's life is basically over and he can't be trusted ever again. Available? Yeah, he's available, but what team would want him after this? I'm hearing rumors that his wife left him, saying that she couldn't stake her future and the safety of her children to a man with such terrible decision-making skills. I asked him about it on the bus this morning (the Massachusetts RMV has suspended his driver's license), and he said something about his homeowner's insurance premium going up and his daughter's scissors being taken away at school.

Tough times. I honestly just hope he doesn't end up in prison.

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 10:32:25 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Bad thread, Dino. Grow up Peter Pan... Count Chocula.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
It's sad but true that Avery Bradley's life is basically over and he can't be trusted ever again. Available? Yeah, he's available, but what team would want him after this? I'm hearing rumors that his wife left him, saying that she couldn't stake her future and the safety of her children to a man with such terrible decision-making skills. I asked him about it on the bus this morning (the Massachusetts RMV has suspended his driver's license), and he said something about his homeowner's insurance premium going up and his daughter's scissors being taken away at school.

Tough times. I honestly just hope he doesn't end up in prison.

LOL! You get a Tommy Point.

I'd love to see a photoshop meme where Avery overzealously reaches in and loses close contests throughout history, e.g., a smiling Truman holding up the newspaper erroneously headlined "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN" but nope Avery reaches in and sends Dewey to the line for the win. Better to see that meme now than after a future playoffs loss. (Okay, I'm not completely over it, lol.)

By the way, I'm going to cast my vote in the poll. Going with "Probably", in an upset over "Totally". "Totally" was winning with me, but at the last second Avery reached in and gave "Probably" two free throws.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Bad thread, Dino. Grow up Peter Pan... Count Chocula.

TP.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We can't trade him, he already had his jersey retired and was elected to the HOF after hitting the Cleveland shot. 

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm guessing you felt much differently about him on Friday night.

Absolutely. Friday night he proved he can drain a high-stakes buzzer beater. But there's a huge difference between his demonstrating the ability to hit a high-pressure shot, which a clutch player should be able to do about 4 times out of 10, an ability shared by dozens of other NBA players...versus revealing that he's capable of a mental error that no veteran who'll be counted on to close out big games in the future should ever commit.

It happens. Paul Pierce made an even more boneheaded move back in 2005 against the Pacers. In the playoffs. In an elimination game. Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwm2tolAHo

Anybody else remember Tony Allen fouling Billups with .1 left in a tie game in 07-08?  Not that much less boneheaded than either of those. 

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 10:49:20 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Meh.  He was too aggressive and paid for it.  It was a dumb play, but at the end of the day I'd rather him make a mistake trying too hard than make a mistake not trying hard enough.  There's a Cam Newton reference to be made there, I'm sure.