Author Topic: Clippers (34-17) at Celtics (31-23) Game #55 2/10/16  (Read 60164 times)

Re: Clippers (34-17) at Celtics (31-23) Game #55 2/10/16
« Reply #645 on: February 10, 2016, 11:17:47 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
We could feasibly get Horford this year without giving up IT Bradley Smart Crowder KO or BRk 16

Then we could add Durant and resign Horford and STILL have brooklyn 16

That being said I give us no better than a 5% chance at Durant right now
Where can he go?

Stay in OKC, team up with someone on the Mavs, go to the Cs who have the same cap as Dallas but is in a better position to win.

Wizards have Wall but not much else.

What other teams have 30 mil in cap. We might have 50. 2 players.

C's are a much better place than Dallas and Washington. Washington's coach is most likely gone after this year, Beal is looking to be on a career-long minutes restriction, and their frontcourt is aging and already mediocre at best. For Dallas, outside of Carlisle and good management (which we have, too, i.e. excellent coaching and management), they don't really have all that much with Dirk going to be gone in a year or two. Plus, they're in the West, and that means going through San Antonio and Golden State even earlier, which he doesn't want.

The only places that I can see to really challenge us in attractiveness are OKC (nobody wants to leave where they've been that long) and Golden State, though I really think Durant cares more about his legacy than going to be third fiddle in Golden State. Also, who knows if Golden State would even try to clear enough space for him if they continue on their tear - "don't fix what ain't broken."

I think he knows not to go to Houston with their coaching situation and the fact that Harden probably isn't the best teammate, even though they're friends. With it really sounding like Russ is going to go home to Los Angeles, it might be best for Durant to leave for greener pastures somewhere, and hopefully it is us!
TP for the breakdown. It's definitely no longer a long shot to get him.

« Reply #646 on: February 10, 2016, 11:17:51 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Coach Brad Stevens said Kelly Olynyk suffered a right shoulder subluxation and went to the hospital for X-rays.
thanks, and a tp for the info.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #647 on: February 10, 2016, 11:19:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We could feasibly get Horford this year without giving up IT Bradley Smart Crowder KO or BRk 16

Then we could add Durant and resign Horford and STILL have brooklyn 16

That being said I give us no better than a 5% chance at Durant right now
Where can he go?

Stay in OKC, team up with someone on the Mavs, go to the Cs who have the same cap as Dallas but is in a better position to win.

Wizards have Wall but not much else.

What other teams have 30 mil in cap. We might have 50. 2 players.
Golden State Toronto and most of all OKC would all be favorites over us in my mind.

But even if we were the obvious choice id plan on sticking my head in the sand until hes officially a celtic.

OKC for sure, because home is home, though if he thinks Russ will leave then there's no point in staying.(Though really is there a point in staying if they still don't win it this year again?)

Golden State - I really don't see him going and playing third fiddle there. He cares more about his legacy than that, which will undoubtedly be harmed if he went there. Also, they'd have to dump some pretty important players to get him, and if it isn't broke, i.e. they win the title, they aren't going to try and fix it with Durant.

Toronto - I don't really see the appeal for Durant for Toronto. Basketball-wise it would be a pretty decent place for him, but I'm not sure he's ready to move to Canada for that, especially when we're just as good of a fit in the U.S. with a better coach, better management, and better upcoming assets.

« Reply #648 on: February 10, 2016, 11:20:10 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Any update on Kelly?
what happened to him? i missed most of the game. i saw he only played 10 minutes, but had good stats for that much time.
TKO to the shoulder.

Got Drew Bledsoe'd by Deandre.

« Reply #649 on: February 10, 2016, 11:20:51 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Any update on Kelly?
what happened to him? i missed most of the game. i saw he only played 10 minutes, but had good stats for that much time.
TKO to the shoulder.

Ironically, Kevin Love went down with a shoulder injury (same one he hurt in the playoffs) tonight vs the Lakers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #650 on: February 10, 2016, 11:26:28 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Any update on Kelly?
TKO to the shoulder.

Ironically, Kevin Love went down with a shoulder injury (same one he hurt in the playoffs) tonight vs the Lakers.
Did Kevin Love use his own body to mess up Kelly's shoulder with voodoo?

I think this might be possible.

Kelly better stay away from Kevin

« Reply #651 on: February 10, 2016, 11:26:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Durrant is not impossible dream.....but

I think Danny would need to find a second star

Kinda like the  Allen and KG deal.

« Reply #652 on: February 10, 2016, 11:35:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Clippers ...going to step on Celtics throat now

Step on their throat. Not!!

« Reply #653 on: February 10, 2016, 11:53:05 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Killer game by Sully.  Tough decision this deadline for Danny.
I don't expect him to get dealt and I'm also starting to re-think on him for the long term.  I was surprised they didn't deal him last summer after Danny called him out.  He's still heavy and he's undersized, but the guy brings a toughness to the front line.  He will mix it up with anyone in the league and lately he's been more than holding his own. And he's been hustling his tail off lately which he needs to do consistently to compete against the top bigs.   

I think he is the toughest call for next season because if he keeps playing like this teams are going to want him and there's going to be plenty of money available to give him.

« Reply #654 on: February 10, 2016, 11:59:22 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I don't expect him to get dealt and I'm also starting to re-think on him for the long term.  I was surprised they didn't deal him last summer after Danny called him out.  He's still heavy and he's undersized, but the guy brings a toughness to the front line.  He will mix it up with anyone in the league and lately he's been more than holding his own. And he's been hustling his tail off lately which he needs to do consistently to compete against the top bigs.   

I think he is the toughest call for next season because if he keeps playing like this teams are going to want him and there's going to be plenty of money available to give him.

His rebounding instinct is dead serious. Every time the shot goes up, he gets down low spreads he arms, finds a body.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #655 on: February 11, 2016, 12:05:50 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

His rebounding instinct is dead serious. Every time the shot goes up, he gets down low spreads he arms, finds a body.
By far their best rebounder.

« Reply #656 on: February 11, 2016, 12:08:57 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #657 on: February 11, 2016, 12:11:49 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Seriously unless DA can get a good deal for Horford or something along those lines I bet he just stands pat. May as well great chemistry with this group, could make some noise in the playoffs as is and have all the pieces set for a huge offseason

We got to give up someone, I would assume. Him or KO?
It's a tough decision, because Sully can clearly play, but if Ainge wants to land two max contract guys he can't keep him... He's a restricted free agent.  We'll have to pay him.

As I've said in previous threads, it's not a matter of money, but of timing.

I'd have to run the numbers though to see where we at, but the problem is not him getting paid... but WHEN in the process that occurs.
Do you mean we would have enough space for two max guys before giving sully a contract?  What's his cap hold?

« Reply #658 on: February 11, 2016, 12:19:23 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Wow----Celtics keep finding ways to win games---or at the very least, stay in all of them.

I know we need a Superstar/All-Star type player---but I hope Danny doesn't mess with the chemistry, just to make some sort of deal...Just find a trade for Lee or release him.

People want to just throw Sullinger into any trade---but this guy is a blood and guts player. You don't find too many of them in this league anymore....Look how Marcus Smart gets us extra possessions on the free throw line...crazy---if the refs weren't so blind tonight--Marcus would not have fouled out of this game.

Gonna be a long week til the trade deadline....but at least I have this game DVR'd.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #659 on: February 11, 2016, 12:22:01 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Seriously unless DA can get a good deal for Horford or something along those lines I bet he just stands pat. May as well great chemistry with this group, could make some noise in the playoffs as is and have all the pieces set for a huge offseason

We got to give up someone, I would assume. Him or KO?
It's a tough decision, because Sully can clearly play, but if Ainge wants to land two max contract guys he can't keep him... He's a restricted free agent.  We'll have to pay him.

As I've said in previous threads, it's not a matter of money, but of timing.

I'd have to run the numbers though to see where we at, but the problem is not him getting paid... but WHEN in the process that occurs.
Do you mean we would have enough space for two max guys before giving sully a contract?  What's his cap hold?
That would be pretty sweet.