Author Topic: Clippers (34-17) at Celtics (31-23) Game #55 2/10/16  (Read 60815 times)

Re: Clippers (34-17) at Celtics (31-23) Game #55 2/10/16
« Reply #630 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:27 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
We could feasibly get Horford this year without giving up IT Bradley Smart Crowder KO or BRk 16

Then we could add Durant and resign Horford and STILL have brooklyn 16

That being said I give us no better than a 5% chance at Durant right now
Where can he go?

Stay in OKC, team up with someone on the Mavs, go to the Cs who have the same cap as Dallas but is in a better position to win.

Wizards have Wall but not much else.

What other teams have 30 mil in cap. We might have 50. 2 players.

Golden State. 

« Reply #631 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Killer game by Sully.  Tough decision this deadline for Danny.

Seriously unless DA can get a good deal for Horford or something along those lines I bet he just stands pat. May as well great chemistry with this group, could make some noise in the playoffs as is and have all the pieces set for a huge offseason

We got to give up someone, I would assume. Him or KO?
It's a tough decision, because Sully can clearly play, but if Ainge wants to land two max contract guys he can't keep him... He's a restricted free agent.  We'll have to pay him.

Monster game by Sully. Trade him now while his value is still high. And package David Lee with him flip it for Al Horford...get it done Danny!
Gotta give some,thing up to get something. KO, Sully, and Bradley all have value out there.

I only keep Smart, Crowder and Thomas. All other assets up for discussion.

« Reply #632 on: February 10, 2016, 11:08:37 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We could feasibly get Horford this year without giving up IT Bradley Smart Crowder KO or BRk 16

Where can he go?

Stay in OKC, team up with someone on the Mavs, go to the Cs who have the same cap as Dallas but is in a better position to win.

Golden State Toronto and most of all OKC would all be favorites over us in my mind.

But even if we were the obvious choice id plan on sticking my head in the sand until hes officially a celtic.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #633 on: February 10, 2016, 11:08:38 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Where can he go?

Golden State.
Don't they have to trade players to clear the cap space? Who is going to help them?

« Reply #634 on: February 10, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum

Where can he go?

Golden State.
Don't they have to trade players to clear the cap space? Who is going to help them?

I don't know the details but the guys on ESPN (especially Dan LeBetard, the only one I really watch) keep saying they can sign him. 

« Reply #635 on: February 10, 2016, 11:10:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

And Westbrook wants to follow where Durant goes. So man, imagine a Celtics Big 3 of Durant, Westbrook, and Horford with IT coming off the bench?! A man can dream can't he.  ;D

Gonna win back2back titles with that lineup with Brad Stevens at the helm.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #636 on: February 10, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Seriously unless DA can get a good deal for Horford or something along those lines I bet he just stands pat. May as well great chemistry with this group, could make some noise in the playoffs as is and have all the pieces set for a huge offseason

It's a tough decision, because Sully can clearly play, but if Ainge wants to land two max contract guys he can't keep him... He's a restricted free agent.  We'll have to pay him.

Monster game by Sully. Trade him now while his value is still high. And package David Lee with him flip it for Al Horford...get it done Danny!
Gotta give some,thing up to get something. KO, Sully, and Bradley all have value out there.

My thinking too

« Reply #637 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Where can he go?

Golden State.

Yes. They'd have to dump important guys like Iggy too.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #638 on: February 10, 2016, 11:12:27 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Any update on Kelly?

« Reply #639 on: February 10, 2016, 11:13:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Any update on Kelly?

Shoulder subluxation.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #640 on: February 10, 2016, 11:14:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

Where can he go?

C's are a much better place than Dallas and Washington. Washington's coach is most likely gone after this year, Beal is looking to be on a career-long minutes restriction, and their frontcourt is aging and already mediocre at best. For Dallas, outside of Carlisle and good management (which we have, too, i.e. excellent coaching and management), they don't really have all that much with Dirk going to be gone in a year or two. Plus, they're in the West, and that means going through San Antonio and Golden State even earlier, which he doesn't want.

The only places that I can see to really challenge us in attractiveness are OKC (nobody wants to leave where they've been that long) and Golden State, though I really think Durant cares more about his legacy than going to be third fiddle in Golden State. Also, who knows if Golden State would even try to clear enough space for him if they continue on their tear - "don't fix what ain't broken."

I think he knows not to go to Houston with their coaching situation and the fact that Harden probably isn't the best teammate, even though they're friends. With it really sounding like Russ is going to go home to Los Angeles, it might be best for Durant to leave for greener pastures somewhere, and hopefully it is us!

« Reply #641 on: February 10, 2016, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum

My thinking too

I put KO in the keep category.  His skill set is special and something the other team has to deal with every game. 

« Reply #642 on: February 10, 2016, 11:14:32 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Where can he go?

Golden State.

Yes. They'd have to dump important guys like Iggy too.
And Iggy slows up Lebron.

He's also at the end of his career. Not many teams will be interested.

« Reply #643 on: February 10, 2016, 11:15:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Any update on Kelly?
what happened to him? i missed most of the game. i saw he only played 10 minutes, but had good stats for that much time.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #644 on: February 10, 2016, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Coach Brad Stevens said Kelly Olynyk suffered a right shoulder subluxation and went to the hospital for X-rays.