Author Topic: Marc Gasol out indefinitely  (Read 2632 times)

Marc Gasol out indefinitely
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:10:14 PM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Marc Gasol out indefinitely with a broken right foot.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/2/9/10955102/marc-gasol-injury-memphis-grizzlies-broken-foot

(Story is still developing for all details)

Grizzlies have been playing surprisingly well in the New Year after being very inconsistent so this is rough.

Re: Marc Gasol out indefinitely
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sully, Jerebko and the Dallas pick for Z-Bo.  Let's do it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:17:25 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Too bad for Gasol.  Hurts the Dallas pick in all likelihood. 

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Just saw that, crazy. This could have a serious effect on the deadline. Also, dang! Grizz play the Nets tomorrow.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Just saw that, crazy. This could have a serious effect on the deadline. Also, dang! Grizz play the Nets tomorrow.

Time to trade the Nets pick as soon as possible... Celtics have the worst luck.

We'll just have to earn things the old fashion way.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Memphis are 8 games above .500
Memphis have 30 games left
Portland in 9th place playing around .500

If Portland keeps that pace, Memphis would only need to win around 10 of their 30 games so still a good chance of keeping that playoff spot despite the loss of Marc Gasol.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 06:44:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Time to trade the Nets pick as soon as possible... Celtics have the worst luck.

We'll just have to earn things the old fashion way.

Sarcasm?

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 06:52:01 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Let's for godsakes not do that.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 07:02:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Why?  Doesn't cost us anything of enduring value --- Sully and Jerebko should be gone this summer, and we don't need another late 1st to clutter the roster -- and Z-Bo would give the Celts the kind of interior scoring presence I imagine they hoped to get with David Lee.  Z-Bo is a pretty clear upgrade over Sullinger, and may actually cost less next year.

Makes the team better for the playoff run this year without having to sacrifice much.  I don't really see a downside.  Unless you think Sullinger is a keeper, I guess.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Ouch, bad news for the Grizzlies. I hope he comes back healthy next year.
- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Why?  Doesn't cost us anything of enduring value --- Sully and Jerebko should be gone this summer, and we don't need another late 1st to clutter the roster -- and Z-Bo would give the Celts the kind of interior scoring presence I imagine they hoped to get with David Lee.  Z-Bo is a pretty clear upgrade over Sullinger, and may actually cost less next year.

Makes the team better for the playoff run this year without having to sacrifice much.  I don't really see a downside.  Unless you think Sullinger is a keeper, I guess.

Personally, I'd love to have ZBo. I've been advocating for him for a good part of the season. Rebounding, scoring, defense, veteran leadership. He'd be a great addition.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 07:09:24 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
(insert Tomny Heinsohn sigh)

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 08:33:49 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think they would want Zeller and Sullinger though that would require another player for dollars.  They want to make the playoffs I think and Zeller gives them a big body to fill in for Gasol in the short term.  I'm not sure I'd do it in that situation.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 08:56:39 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

I think they would want Zeller and Sullinger though that would require another player for dollars.  They want to make the playoffs I think and Zeller gives them a big body to fill in for Gasol in the short term.  I'm not sure I'd do it in that situation.

Why? Well, for starters with Z-Bo we would have destroy Milwaukee last night...

I understand that someone of us don't like him for some subjective reasons, but the guy play ball...I have been saying that for a while now, but now it could be good time for a curve ball trade with Memphis...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:02:20 AM by CroCorvus »

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Why? Well, for starters with Z-Bo we would have destroy Milwaukee last night...

I understand that someone of us don't like him for some subjective reasons, but the guy play ball...I have been saying that for a while now, but now it could be good time for a curve ball trade with Memphis...
I have no issue with bringing Z-Bo here, I'm just not sure I'd want to give up Zeller, Sullinger, another player, and a pick to do it.  I don't think given his age he is worth that much.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip