Author Topic: If ATL is really looking to blow this up what about Milsap?  (Read 848 times)

If ATL is really looking to blow this up what about Milsap?
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:51:44 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
As has been discuses at length the Hawks may or may not be looking to blow things up. I honestly think they will just try to move Teague for a wing upgrade. However if there is more going on behind the scenes and they are left with the feeling that Horford is going to leave them in free agency maybe more happens.

This brings me to my point while Horford is the player being discussed doesn't Milsap make more sense for the Cs? Unlike Horford Milsap is under contract till 17-18 when he has a player option. He is by no means cheap at 18 mill this season, then 20mill then 21 as a player option. He is however a very effective player who is a perfect fit as the Cs starting PF. At 30 years old the Hawks may have little reason to retain him if they are in a full rebuild. Much like when PP, KG and later Rondo where traded the Hawks could use this opportunity to grab assets and prevent a later roster mess.

As for what to offer the Hawks for Milsap this is tough. DA has alluded to not being willing to move Nets picks for players over 30. I believe this is a rule they must stick to.

What I would offer ATL.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgqsblu

ATL gets: Johnson (prefer to give up Lee), Sully, Hunter ( i would prefer Young), Rozier, Cs 2016, Mavs 2016, 76ers 2nd

Cs get: Milsap, holiday and patterson

This would be a dangerous team moral trade for the Cs but Milsap is a talent upgrade and a player who I think will age well the next few seasons. Milsaps versatility is the perfect fit in BS style of play. Come playoff time he would allow them to go small with IT, AB,Smart,Crowder and Milsap especially vs the Cavs. This could really expose Love on defense. The Cs strip the end of their bench in losing Hunter and Rozier but retain the Nets pick and likely 4 second round picks. Assuming they consolidate the 2nds they could still very well draft 3 players this year.

For the Hawks they basically gain 4 first first and a high second for Milsap. I would expect Johnson to be flipped in an additional trade involving Teague, Horford or Korver.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: If ATL is really looking to blow this up what about Milsap?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
If I'm Atlanta, I'm holding out for Bradley or Olynyk. I'm not letting Millsap go unless I'm being wowed. Horford and Teague make sense with their respective contract situations, but they have all the leverage in the world to hold out for a king's ransom for Millsap.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:53:55 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If I'm Atlanta, I'm holding out for Bradley or Olynyk. I'm not letting Millsap go unless I'm being wowed. Horford and Teague make sense with their respective contract situations, but they have all the leverage in the world to hold out for a king's ransom for Millsap.

You are probably right but a lot depends on how they approach rebuilding. I could see including AB and making them include Krover in the deal. Them smart moves to starting lineup.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Locked up and to lead the Hawks. He is not going anywhere

Milsap and Schroeder

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 11:31:58 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Well hell why not Milsap and Hortford
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6664859

Boston , Milsap , Hortford
Atl, Sully , Amir, Lee, boston's 2016 , dallas 2016, brooklyns 2017

win  now

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Heard on the radio about the rumor deal for horford but i was busy at work so couldnt focus on it.