To Mil - J Sullinger.David Lee, 2016 firsts,Bos-Dal-Minn

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:22:52 PM by testy »

Re: Bos/Mil
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:22:27 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Of course David lee would have to be added .

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 02:22:54 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I and others have argued for this trade in other threads.  Some didn't think he was enough of an upgrade over Sully or a good fit for our team.  I'm wondering what people think now after Monroe just kicked our butts.  I think this trade makes a lot of sense if the Bucks are serious about moving him.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 03:46:04 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Let's slow down here. You are offering 3 1sts for a guy who can neither shoot not defend and just lost his starting job to a plumlee.

Also he was on the Pistons last year and they sucked while the bucks were one of the brighter up and coming young teams in the league. He switched teams and roles reversed.

He was a beast tonight. I'm sure many fans felt like they should trade for Jeff Green after they got hit with a dose of aggressive-Jeff.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:22:51 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Let's slow down here. You are offering 3 1sts for a guy who can neither shoot not defend and just lost his starting job to a plumlee.

Also he was on the Pistons last year and they sucked while the bucks were one of the brighter up and coming young teams in the league. He switched teams and roles reversed.

He was a beast tonight. I'm sure many fans felt like they should trade for Jeff Green after they got hit with a dose of aggressive-Jeff.

You say three firsts, I say a mid first, a late first, and a couple second rounders in what does not appear to be a deep draft.  Maybe we could get him for less than that, I don't know.  We don't really have roster space for all those picks anyway unless a major trade happens. 

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of his defense.  I know he has played for some dysfunctional teams.  Playing on a team that plays good team defense might make him look better and his size/height would help as we struggle against taller post scorers...like him for example last night.

Offensively, he's a big improvement over Sully.  He's shooting 52% from the field while Sully is shooting 42%.  Sully takes more jumpers, but he doesn't shoot them well.  Monroe has been a consistent scorer for years, which is something Sully is not and is something we need.

Monroe is not a star, but he's a solid player.  Sully is about to be a restricted free agent and that is something I want no part of.  I'm worried that he will balloon up to 300+ pounds if he gets a long term contract. If he leaves, we will need another rebounding big to replace him and there won't be many good options in free agency, so why not get a reliable guy like Monroe now. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:18:26 AM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 05:35:34 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
YES!