Author Topic: Anyone know much about Malik Beasley?  (Read 855 times)

Anyone know much about Malik Beasley?
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:44 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I was checking out The Vertical when I stumbled on a DraftExpress analysis of Malik Beasley.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/vertical-breakdown-inside-strengths-fsus-203209028.html

Looks pretty good from the highlights! He's a great athlete with sound fundamentals on his jump shot and he seems to drive to the rim a lot, dealing well with contact. he's a 6ft4 SG, 19 years old.

Currently he's projected as the 18th pick in the 2017 draft but I assume he'd be eligible for this year. Anyone know much about him?

Re: Anyone know much about Malik Beasley?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:58:20 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I watched a few games. I like the player a lot. He uses his size on both sides of the court. Feel that may be a weakness at the next level as he isnt over sized by nba standards. His speed is on and off like a pro so it is hard to gauge. I actually have him as my sleeper top 10 pick because on a team that has a good amount of talent he still shines very well. They often look for him on offense. He despite that is unselfish in always choosing the right play (pass vs shoot). I think he lacks hype due to age at over 19 and only a freshman. He could stay a year to become next years Dunn rather than go 13-20 range like James Young did coming out. I called him a Winslow/Butler blend player in my big board post because he is physical on D and still a go to player. I feel he is second best SG in the draft behind Hield.

Re: Anyone know much about Malik Beasley?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:54:56 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I watched a few games. I like the player a lot. He uses his size on both sides of the court. Feel that may be a weakness at the next level as he isnt over sized by nba standards. His speed is on and off like a pro so it is hard to gauge. I actually have him as my sleeper top 10 pick because on a team that has a good amount of talent he still shines very well. They often look for him on offense. He despite that is unselfish in always choosing the right play (pass vs shoot). I think he lacks hype due to age at over 19 and only a freshman. He could stay a year to become next years Dunn rather than go 13-20 range like James Young did coming out. I called him a Winslow/Butler blend player in my big board post because he is physical on D and still a go to player. I feel he is second best SG in the draft behind Hield.

TP, thanks for the info. Think I'll try and record the next Florida State game on BT sport so I can have a closer look. His unselfishness is important, it shows he's not all about going after his own stats as some college kids do. I think at the moment I really love any college kid that slashes to the basket regularly. Maybe it's because that's something we lack right now, but I think it's the one offensive skill that will always find a place in the NBA as it provides the best looks and generally leads to more trips to the free throw line. I like Brown for the same reason, although he's projected to go a lot higher.