Author Topic: Celtics thinking of signing Mindaugas Kuzminskas, a SF, for 16-17  (Read 6355 times)

Re: Celtics thinking of signing Mindaugas Kuzminskas, a SF, for 16-17
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
But why???????????? There are much more talented sf in europe than him... and there are some interesting centers too....not kuzminskas

I assume it is because he is someone who can contribute immediately and be signed as a free agent without going through the draft and who won't command a huge contract.  What better Euro SFs do you know who fit those criteria?

If he is being viewed as a possible scoring SF off the bench, this may mean that they lack confidence in James Young's ability to fill that role.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:08 PM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
I like it, there's very few productive 3's in the nba, so it's good that they are looking elsewhere for alternatives. He has a nice offensive game, pretty efficient and crash the offensive boards. Can handle a bit. If he can play D then bring him on, could be a cheap version of Batum.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 12:59:48 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I also want to state that the scoring numbers for Euro players are significantly different than NBA numbers... from slower play and game time

Case in point, the players on this list:
http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/235358/14-15-Euroleague-Power-Rankings-Small-Forwards

Apparently 11pts 5rbs 5ast can get you an MVP nod
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 02:00:51 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I remember watching him in the Euro Cup last summer and being impressed with his
play.

My recollection is that he's a long, active, athletic wing.  More Jan Vesely than Gigi Datome in his style of play.

I also saw him in last years Euro. I realy liked his game. He was always active for Lithuanian team, running the wings on the break, showing good and quick decisions close to the basket. But more than anything his motor was always on. Looked very determined. He had that fire in his eyes. It may be that his pride and respect for his national team inspired him. Lithuanian national team has that something, they are at least good and mostly great. Probably the nation that likes basketball the most. Something like what Indiana is for Americans, but more cohesive and pridefull.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I remember watching him in the Euro Cup last summer and being impressed with his
play.

My recollection is that he's a long, active, athletic wing.  More Jan Vesely than Gigi Datome in his style of play.

I also saw him in last years Euro. I realy liked his game. He was always active for Lithuanian team, running the wings on the break, showing good and quick decisions close to the basket. But more than anything his motor was always on. Looked very determined. He had that fire in his eyes. It may be that his pride and respect for his national team inspired him. Lithuanian national team has that something, they are at least good and mostly great. Probably the nation that likes basketball the most. Something like what Indiana is for Americans, but more cohesive and pridefull.

Let me guess . . . you are Lithuanian?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Who? :-[

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Thanasis adetokunbo is better than this guy..

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 02:27:52 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Did he already get drafted/declare for a previous draft? If not, doesn't he need to go through drafting process in order to play for a nba team?

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 02:40:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Did he already get drafted/declare for a previous draft? If not, doesn't he need to go through drafting process in order to play for a nba team?

He's 26.  He declared then undeclared in 2010, then went undrafted in 2011 when he became automatically eligible as an international player turning 22 that year.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 02:45:56 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I also want to state that the scoring numbers for Euro players are significantly different than NBA numbers... from slower play and game time

http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/235358/14-15-Euroleague-Power-Rankings-Small-Forwards

Also interesting that #3 and #4 on that list are inimitable Sonny Weems and the corpse of Andres Nocioni.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 03:00:11 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Yeah if you're doing good in Euroleague and you play in the Spanish league, then there is good enough footage on you that I feel comfortable with the scouting.

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 03:14:18 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The Celtics are thinking of signing Mila Kunis as well.

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
The Celtics are thinking of signing Mila Kunis as well.

Danny, if needed, I can clear my schedule for this recruitment
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
play.

Let me guess . . . you are Lithuanian?
Croat actualy. Long way to Lithuania :-) But I respect their basketball program and fanbase very much.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."