Author Topic: Tobias Harris available?  (Read 7241 times)

Re: Tobias Harris available?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Sullinger is a veteran, essentially. I think the most logical deal (assuming both sides are interested) is:

BOS gets: Harris, Dedmon
ORL gets: Lee, Sully, 2016 Dallas pick, 2016 Philly 2nd
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 02:19:45 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'm working it all out  ;)

Lee, Sully , Bos 2016 pick for Harris

And if Houston continues to struggle  send Amir , Bradley, dallas pick , bos pick 2017 , and a few 2nd rd picks for Howard

PG: IT            / Rozier
SG: Smart     / Turner
SF: Crowder  / Harris
PF: KO          / Mickey
 C: Dwight    / Zeller

All our Brk picks still in the bank

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

All things considered, I suspect the Cs would rather trade the DAL pick over ours -- even though the Dallas pick will be a little higher. Reason: trading our own pick leads to complications on when / how they can trade BOS 1sts in the future.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 02:27:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

All things considered, I suspect the Cs would rather trade the DAL pick over ours -- even though the Dallas pick will be a little higher. Reason: trading our own pick leads to complications on when / how they can trade BOS 1sts in the future.

Not really. Stepien Rule only stipulates you have a 1st rounder every other year. It need not be the Celtics' own.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q87

Teams are required to have only a first round pick, and not necessarily their own first round pick. Teams may trade away their own future picks in consecutive years if they have another team's first round pick in one of those years.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't think Harris has regressed at all.  He is scoring more points per shot than last year, rebounding and passing at a much higher rate, blocking and stealing at a higher rate, etc.  His 3PT% is down a bit, but that is about it.  His minutes are down because they are trying to get more people involved.  Ainge obviously likes Harris or Boston wouldn't have been as heavily connected to him last summer as it was.

I'd love to get Harris at the right price.  I think he is a guy that could be a real part of a title contender at some point down the line. 

Harris and Fournier

for

Johnson, Turner, Sullinger, Dallas 1st, Boston 1st

That seems like a pretty fair trade for both teams.  Orlando gets veteran leadership, a young PF, and two 1st's and Boston gets a couple of solid young players that are theoretically good fits on the team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2016, 02:51:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Not really. Stepien Rule only stipulates you have a 1st rounder every other year. It need not be the Celtics' own.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q87

Teams are required to have only a first round pick, and not necessarily their own first round pick. Teams may trade away their own future picks in consecutive years if they have another team's first round pick in one of those years.

Ah -- thanks for posting. For years I've been under the impression that a team could not trade it's OWN 1st in consecutive years. Makes Danny's stash that much easier to work with....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 02:54:07 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I don't think Harris has regressed at all.  He is scoring more points per shot than last year, rebounding and passing at a much higher rate, blocking and stealing at a higher rate, etc.  His 3PT% is down a bit, but that is about it.  His minutes are down because they are trying to get more people involved.  Ainge obviously likes Harris or Boston wouldn't have been as heavily connected to him last summer as it was.

I'd love to get Harris at the right price.  I think he is a guy that could be a real part of a title contender at some point down the line. 

Harris and Fournier

for

That seems like a pretty fair trade for both teams.  Orlando gets veteran leadership, a young PF, and two 1st's and Boston gets a couple of solid young players that are theoretically good fits on the team.

I like Harris a lot, and would like us to try to get him, but that trade does make us a lot smaller up front in the near term.   I'd also rather use Lee as the salary matcher than Johnson because that would reserve Amir's contract for potential trade use in the small window between the end of the season and his 2nd year vesting date, when it will have maximum trade value.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Harris and Fournier

for

I'm with you until the actual proposal.

Why would they trade Fournier with Harris? He's part of a wing rotation that would benefit minutes-wise from Harris' departure.

And why send them Johnson and Turner with Sullinger? Aren't we trying to take another step forward in the deal? Lee does the trick just fine as cap filler, considering Johnson and and Turner are pretty wasted on a lottery team...

Otherwise you're right there with me: Sully, filler, two non-lottery picks.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2016, 03:23:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Harris and Fournier

for

This is a good trade idea. But would prefer not to give up Amir. I think this leaves us too weak inside. Would they take Zeller instead, sweetened with another pick?

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I would like to have Harris, but I'm all but convinced that Danny won't add salary at the deadline (barring an unbelievable bargain/superstar trade). Maybe we trade for Harris in the offseason if we strike out on Durant, Horford, or a superstar through trade.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Harris and Fournier

for

I'm with you until the actual proposal.

Why would they trade Fournier with Harris? He's part of a wing rotation that would benefit minutes-wise from Harris' departure.

And why send them Johnson and Turner with Sullinger? Aren't we trying to take another step forward in the deal? Lee does the trick just fine as cap filler, considering Johnson and and Turner are pretty wasted on a lottery team...

Otherwise you're right there with me: Sully, filler, two non-lottery picks.
They don't want filler.  They want guys that can help them. 

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Harris and Fournier

for

This is a good trade idea. But would prefer not to give up Amir. I think this leaves us too weak inside. Would they take Zeller instead, sweetened with another pick?
I'd rather keep Zeller than Johnson.  I think Zeller has a chance of being a very solid back-up center for years to come. 

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 03:39:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Harris and Fournier

for

I like Harris a lot, and would like us to try to get him, but that trade does make us a lot smaller up front in the near term.   I'd also rather use Lee as the salary matcher than Johnson because that would reserve Amir's contract for potential trade use in the small window between the end of the season and his 2nd year vesting date, when it will have maximum trade value.
Doing that would cost at least 1 more 1st or decently valued player.  It does make Boston smaller in the near term, but better long term, which is the point. 

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 03:41:25 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Olynyk
Turner
D. Lee
2016 BOS 1
2016 DAL 1

for

Harris
+filler

They'd have tons of interest in Olynyk. A.Gordon/Kelly up front fits beautifully offensively and defensively. I'm not sure they'd have tons of interest in Sullinger due to his impending RFA.

We'd run with Crowder/Harris at 3/4, giving us tremendous versatility at pivotal positions on both sides of the floor.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't see us trading multiple rotation guys at this point in the season unless there is a big name player coming back in return. Ainge won't want to mess too much with the chemistry here. Harris isn't that kind of player so if we make a move it'll be based around picks which means a third team would likely be involved