Author Topic: Tobias Harris available?  (Read 7233 times)

Tobias Harris available?
« on: February 08, 2016, 12:18:26 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This from hoopshype.com:

Magic open to trading Tobias Harris
wpid-i_da_91_53_456534990.jpg   
2 hours ago – via Twitter ESPNSteinLine
Marc Stein: Monday morning trade scuttle: Orlando isn’t outright shopping Tobias Harris, but word is the Magic aren’t discouraging offers for him either

Trade, Tobias Harris, Orlando Magic
More Rumors in this Storyline
2 hours ago – via Twitter ESPNSteinLine
Marc Stein: There’s a growing sense among rival executives that Orlando, now 3-15 in 2016, is open to proposals of any kind to get a bit more seasoned.

He is 12th in RPM and 11th in win shares.  Can he and Crowder be on the court together though???

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: Tobias Harris available?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
just saw that

I would offer Lee Dallas pick and minny 2nd rd picks

nothing more than that , but would fit in great at the sf/pf slots

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 12:21:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Harris could definitely play next to Crowder.

I think it would take a lot for Orlando to part with him, though. Certainly more than Lee's expiring and a middling 1st round pick.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
just saw that

Yes, that works.  So does Amir and Sully or Amir and Zeller.

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 12:22:57 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
just saw that

I think you gotta throw in Sully or Zeller for the Magic to listen.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I think it would take a lot for Orlando to part with him, though. Certainly more than Lee's expiring and a middling 1st round pick.

Can Tobias develop into a go-to scorer for us?  If not, I would NOT trade for him personally.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Can Tobias develop into a go-to scorer for us?  If not, I would NOT trade for him personally.

Smitty77

A go-to scorer? I don't think he can be "The Man." A decent secondary option, perhaps.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Does anyone know what Tobias Harris's advanced stats are when he's playing the 4?
Can he still effectively rebound and defend at this position? I think he'd be an obvious offensive mismatch playing the 4, but it's tough to know if he'd be able to play good defense in small-ball lineups.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 12:24:58 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Smitty77

No , but could be a Rashard lewis type , 2nd or 3rd option.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 12:25:14 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Maybe in the offseason as as fall back option for bigger stars.  They should not give up the possible flexibility for a guy who looks like he took a small step back after getting paid. 

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 12:30:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Does anyone know what Tobias Harris's advanced stats are when he's playing the 4?
Can he still effectively rebound and defend at this position? I think he'd be an obvious offensive mismatch playing the 4, but it's tough to know if he'd be able to play good defense in small-ball lineups.

Harris' defensive skills aren't what he's known for. On offense, his size allows him to bully opposing SFs, while he's quick enough to exploit slower PFs.

FWIW, here are his splits:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/orlando-magic/players/tobias-harris/stats/16/22/320

I think he needs to work on his perimeter game. If he could develop a three-point shot, he could be a very good stretch four. A bit of a tweener right now. I also think he's a little too deferential/passive at times.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The Magic seem to want veterans, but I'm not sure that we have what they want. Doubt Lee or Johnson would do it. Sully?..seasoned?

There's a growing sense among rival executives that Orlando, now 3-15 in 2016, is open to proposals of any kind to get a bit more seasoned.
6:57 AM - 8 Feb 2016
97 RETWEETS82 LIKES

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/696709393799258112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Maybe a 3-way with another team.

Magic have a lot of wings. Maybe they feel given that glut that they overpaid for Harris and want out?

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Orlando seems like Milwaukee South to me. Another roster of young, long, bouncy types with few shooters. Roster poorly constructed, mostly a collection of assets.

GM Hennigan needs to make a move to consolidate some talent, figure out the core, and move the other parts for more complementary pieces.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 12:41:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The Magic seem to want veterans, but I'm not sure that we have what they want. Doubt Lee or Johnson would do it. Sully?..seasoned?

There's a growing sense among rival executives that Orlando, now 3-15 in 2016, is open to proposals of any kind to get a bit more seasoned.
6:57 AM - 8 Feb 2016
97 RETWEETS82 LIKES

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/696709393799258112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Maybe a 3-way with another team.

Magic have a lot of wings. Maybe they feel given that glut that they overpaid for Harris and want out?

Maybe an Evan for Evan swap?  They're going to have to let Fournier walk, and Turner has a bit more seasoning.  Although I'm not sure what that move does for us, even as a fan of Fournier.

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 12:47:10 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Arguments for:

He is 23 and won't hit his prime for another 2 seasons
He is a career 46% shooter.
He is a perfect fit in the positionless basketball system that CBS runs
His defense is actually good this year. 103 DRTG (no one on his team is good, but this is average for his team), +1.01 DRPM, opponents shooting -1% against him
He has showed a bit of FU towards Lebron in past matchups, even though Lebron won the matchup
He gives us a lot of flexibility and versatility

Arguments against:

He would be our first non-good contract on the team. That doesn't mean it would be a bad contract, but he would take a lot of space.
He hasn't taken a big leap forward this year (but then again, he is fighting for minutes with several other guys, guys that the Magic clearly like)
His three point shooting has not improved
His contract would make it difficult to sign anyone this off-season, unless we traded multi-year guys to get him, but I don't want to do that.

They want "seasoned" guys. I wonder if they would take Lee, Jerebko, and our 2016 first for him?