Author Topic: Playoffs as the 3 Seed  (Read 1164 times)

Playoffs as the 3 Seed
« on: February 08, 2016, 10:35:24 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
If all holds to form (yes I know a lot could happen, but let's assume we remain the 3 seed). How confident are you in a first round series victory? Generally speaking, a top 3 team in a conference should be pretty comfortable against their first round opponent. (Again, I know, nothing's guaranteed)

How comfortable are you playing one of: Bulls, Heat, Pacers?

I think any of those teams would be a 7 game series.

I am excited to hear the conversation on this.

Re: Playoffs as the 3 Seed
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I think we could beat Miami or Chicago in 6. The Pacers would take us to 7 assuming Paul George is healthy.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I know I'm a broken record, but I truly believe if the Celtics could just add a true scorer off the bench, they could make it to the Eastern finals. Sure a shot blocking big would be great, but I think they can get bye with the bigs they have. Kelly could be that guy I guess, but he's just not consistent. Kind of though Jonas could fill that roll. but it's just not happening. Love what he brings, but consistent scoring is part of it.   

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 12:02:49 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I know I'm a broken record, but I truly believe if the Celtics could just add a true scorer off the bench, they could make it to the Eastern finals. Sure a shot blocking big would be great, but I think they can get bye with the bigs they have. Kelly could be that guy I guess, but he's just not consistent. Kind of though Jonas could fill that roll. but it's just not happening. Love what he brings, but consistent scoring is part of it.

You think a bench scorer is what we need?  Toronto has scored 113 and 115 points in our two meetings with them, and our bench has outscored their bench by over 20 each game.  If we get Toronto in the second round, I don't think a bench scorer is going to be the piece that puts us over the top.  Points from our bench has not been an issue in the first two games. DeRozan's consistent penetration into the paint has been, however.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Comfortable against any team. 
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Getting the three seed would be ideal.  Home court advantage for the first round, and not having to face the Cavs until the conference finals

I think the the three seed is absolutely a reachable goal.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 04:54:05 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
When last season was nearing the end I thought it would be sweet to participate in playoffs. And we did!
Sure, it was a sweep, but looks like it helped our young core in giving them experience and the direction of the team.
When this season started, natural progression, although a very difficult one, seemed like winning a round 1.
I am happy and gratefull for just talking about the opportunity this year.
We are still heavily rebuilding.
As for our potential playoff matchup:
Chicago - they may have injury and chemistry issues, but can they still defend well and have more offensive firepower than us late in the game. 20 point scorers, they have 2 of them. Id like us to avoid them. Prediction, 6 games, we loose.
Indiana - solid team, seems to me they have been read. George is great, but he can't do it alone on offense. I feel they are a year away. Prediction, 6 game series, we win
Atlanta - they are veterans, they are a good bunch of players. I feel the honeymoon is over. Korver is no more a best kept secret, injury and age also creeping in. Demmare is gone and he was the one that gave them much needed flexibility. Prediction 7 games series, we win
Miami - lots of talented players, but parts dont fit. Hassan is a poormans Cousins attitudewise. Wade (Imho best suited for a 6th man role at this point of his career) is massaging the ball like he is putting a sun cream. The rest want to run, but cant. Spoelstra has not been able to find an identity and cohesivness (I thought he will do a bit better). They have more firepower, but also they have bigger weakness. Prediction, 6 games, we win
"The joy of the balling under the rims."