Author Topic: We are now in the third seed so what does that mean for the trade deadline?  (Read 3496 times)

Re: We are now in the third seed so what does that mean for the trade deadline?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 02:27:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h969joh

now this was Funny.

We'd probably have to give up a 2nd rounder to make that happen, but we'd gain a valuable trade player exception which can be used on draft night (we'd probably lose it in the Summer since we'll probably renounce just about everything depending on opportunities).

We'd have to give POR a 2nd rounder to save them $8mil? Or they'd have to give us one....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 03:21:17 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I feel like our perimeter is set.  I'm scared to mess with it, because our defense is simply scary.  IT is an all star, Bradley/Crowder are great starters, and Smart/Turner/Jerebko are great bench players.  Championship-level perimeter, and ability to cut Jerebko and/or Turner's minutes in the playoffs.  We also have the ability to go with Crowder or Jerebko at the 4.

Kelly/Sully/Johnson/Zeller/Lee are all solid bigs, but what we really need is someone who can stand out.  More length, more athleticism, more interior presence.  Kelly is the only big guy I would really think twice about trading at this point (so long as it's an upgrade).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If we end up 3rd seed, has to help us with free agents this off season. to me that is the best payoff about finishing as high as possible, not to mention home court advantage in the play-offs, which for this team means nothing (we are weak home team).

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 05:53:57 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
If we end up 3rd seed, has to help us with free agents this off season. to me that is the best payoff about finishing as high as possible, not to mention home court advantage in the play-offs, which for this team means nothing (we are weak home team).

I think the C's really should try to keep the group together, but improve it enough, by the deadline for them to have hope to make it to the ECF. That would confirm they're ready for the next step with a FA star (or two).

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 06:08:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h969joh

now this was Funny.

We'd probably have to give up a 2nd rounder to make that happen, but we'd gain a valuable trade player exception which can be used on draft night (we'd probably lose it in the Summer since we'll probably renounce just about everything depending on opportunities).

We'd have to give POR a 2nd rounder to save them $8mil? Or they'd have to give us one....

Considering we're getting the useful $15 million trade exception, and more than one team could make such a trade with Portland, but Portland is the only place than can take Lee, they'd get the pick.  We'd get a top-55 protected back.