Author Topic: Credit Celtic management and coaching staff  (Read 1885 times)

Credit Celtic management and coaching staff
« on: February 07, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
there is something about this Celtic team. It is an intangible that runs across the entire length and breadth of the team. The players all seem to improve, and their spirits are always up. This intangible does not come from thin air. It has to be something the coaching staff is doing right. Don't get me wrong the staff is also aided by the quality of the character of the players the GM has brought in. In this regard we must credit DA for scouting high quality players. Perhaps some of the players he passed up on in the draft is because he could not get a good read on them, or perhaps the players he chose, while comparable to the ones he passed, actually beat them on the character scale.

All in all DA and the coaching staff are building a team worthy of our pride.

This is why I read some of the trade proposals and I just cringe. You do not mess with this type of chemistry.

Re: Credit Celtic management and coaching staff
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:10:48 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Out here in the Bay Area, and watching the Kings feed, Grant Napear & Reynolds were really praising Ex-King Danny Ainge. Not only of course for the roster & rebuilding the "correct" way, but for being 2 for 2 in coaches hired. They called him one of, if not the top GM in the league. They also mentioned him not having top picks (except Smart) but still getting the job done.

They hit it on the nail. We're darn lucky to have him.

It's scary that this guy will finally have a top pick (& it's not even his teams own pick !). Remember last time he had a pick like this ? Ray Allen anyone ?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:19:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Out here in the Bay Area, and watching the Kings feed, Grant Napear & Reynolds were really praising Ex-King Danny Ainge. Not only of course for the roster & rebuilding the "correct" way, but for being 2 for 2 in coaches hired. They called him one of, if not the top GM in the league. They also mentioned him not having top picks (except Smart) but still getting the job done.

It's scary that this guy will finally have a top pick (& it's not even his teams own pick !). Remember last time he had a pick like this ? Ray Allen anyone ?
I hope you are not assuming this pick will be traded for an all-star of Allen's level. This rebuild feels different than 2007.  I hope he keeps the pick and gets an elite player to build around who is complementary to what we've got which are tough, character guys who work hard on defense and play together. This is what Celtics management and coach staff have created here.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 05:52:43 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
ummm ray allen was an elite player. we just got him on the decline.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
9 16 vs playoff teams. 1 3 vs the Top 2 Teams in the east. The one W, Love did not play in the 4th quarter.

A great story, yes. Lets not get too excited. Team as constituted might win you a playoff series, being able to go any further is wishful thinking unless a legit C and shooter is traded for..

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 10:56:20 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

I hope you are not assuming this pick will be traded for an all-star of Allen's level. This rebuild feels different than 2007.  I hope he keeps the pick and gets an elite player to build around who is complementary to what we've got which are tough, character guys who work hard on defense and play together. This is what Celtics management and coach staff have created here.

Not at all. I'm assuming there is a 10 out of 10 shot Ainge hits on this asset. He doesn't miss with this type of ammo

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 10:57:56 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
9 16 vs playoff teams. 1 3 vs the Top 2 Teams in the east. The one W, Love did not play in the 4th quarter.

A great story, yes. Lets not get too excited. Team as constituted might win you a playoff series, being able to go any further is wishful thinking unless a legit C and shooter is traded for..

The excitement is for the future,  not this year.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 10:59:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Not at all. I'm assuming there is a 10 out of 10 shot Ainge hits on this asset. He doesn't miss with this type of ammo
Underrated move from Ainge, in 2007 not to keep pick. At that point he had no guarantee of getting KG. Many GMs would have decided not to get locked in "mediocrity" I could have seen many GMs taking the pick at 5 then trading pierce.

Thank God.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 11:27:25 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

I count 11-16, with several nail-biter losses. I think its very reasonable to hope for, if not expect, an ECF appearance.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 11:43:17 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

party pooper lol, jk

I agree with most people that posted...we are happy because of the future, not this year...yes we may not be able to win it all this year, or even go past the 2nd round (though I believe we have a chance to hit the ECF depending who we face), but I really believe this team can win a playoff series this year, and with just IT (a first time all-star), and like the OP said, everyone is improving. Brad is an excellent coach, and has everyone playing their butt off! When your team are made up of players that others considered role players or scrubs on other teams, and that team made the number 3 seed, this is something to be optimistic for!

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 01:18:06 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I count 11-16, with several nail-biter losses. I think its very reasonable to hope for, if not expect, an ECF appearance.

I'm counting 10-16 myself.  Regardless, by my count there are only 5 playoffs teams with more wins than losses against other teams that would be in the playoffs as of today: Warrios, Spurs, Thunder, Raptors, and Cavs.  That's it.  Those 5 teams are clearly the class of the NBA (with the Warriors and Spurs at the top and Cavs, Raptors, and Thunder in the next tier.)  Then the C's are in the following tier with most of the other playoff teams, who all pretty much split games against each other.  Are they a great team?  No.  But they're a good team that is rightfully contending for home-court advantage in the playoffs.  As the 6th youngest team in the NBA that is doing it with mostly players who weren't high draft picks, that's quite the accomplishment.