Author Topic: Sully is ballin'  (Read 1254 times)

Re: Sully is ballin'
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 09:39:28 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
In his current condition, Sully is a good short minute option off the bench on a good team.

When he has his legs, he's effective. He rebounds well, and scores in a multitude of ways, he's a good passer too. Unfortunately as minutes go by, his effectiveness suffers. He begins taking plays off, not making it back on D, his shot flattens out, mostly hitting the front rim. His greatest value, is his greatest hinderance...his bulk. He can't defend his own natural position PF, he's best used to be a road block against taller, longer centers.

Sully is not a starter on any team. Sully either signs a team friendly contract, or we should allow him to walk.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The Celtics have done a good job keeping Sullinger's minutes low enough that he can perform well game to game.

If this is the shape Sully gets in, in a contract year I want no part of the Celtics signing him to a long term contract, unless it's at low money.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 10:26:02 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He is huge right now. I think this is the heaviest I have seen him.

Exactly. The fact that he's consistently shown the propensity to gain weight over the course of the season should give you pause about his future. As he gets older, these issues are going to get worse, unless he has a massive behavioral change in his life, which seems unlikely.

Yup and this is a contract year for him.  What happens when he gets a big long term contract?  That's partly why in other threads I have advocated for trading Sully and non Brooklyn picks for Greg Monroe.

Please god, yes.

But sadly, I am pretty confident that the Bucks are that stupid. 

In fact I don't think even MJ is stupid enough to give up a player of Monroe's calibre for Sully and some mid-to-late first rounders.  That's saying something, because MJ is one hell of a stupid executive.   

Sadly I think we're going to have little choice but to let him walk in free agency.  I doubt we'll be able to find a trade for Sully that returns any more than a mediocre first second round pick.

I fixed that for you.  If Danny could get [any] first round pick for Sully, you have to believe he would take it.