Author Topic: We're solely in 3rd place now!  (Read 1589 times)

Re: We're solely in 3rd place now!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 10:45:26 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
When was the last time Boston occupied the 3 spot after 50 games?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
At 53 games, I honestly didn't expect the Celtics to be 3rd in the conference. It's been a great season so far.

I did say at the start of the year that once you go past the Cavs, I felt the East was pretty much wide open.

Toronto have established themselves as an elite team and proven last year's record was no fluke, but beyond those two teams Boston are as good as anybody in the East.

Hell, even Toronto and Cleveland are not realistically out of reach.  That win against Cleveland was so huge.

yup. I think Eastern hierarchy goes:
Cavs
Raps, C's
Everyone else.

Hawks could challenge us but right now we're playing a lot better than them.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 11:55:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
At 53 games, I honestly didn't expect the Celtics to be 3rd in the conference. It's been a great season so far.

I did say at the start of the year that once you go past the Cavs, I felt the East was pretty much wide open.

Toronto have established themselves as an elite team and proven last year's record was no fluke, but beyond those two teams Boston are as good as anybody in the East.

Hell, even Toronto and Cleveland are not realistically out of reach.  That win against Cleveland was so huge.

Yep. Before the season I was saying we could legitimately land anywhere from 2-10 in the Eastern Conference, and I ended up thinking we'd be around the fifth seed. I can't believe we're in sole place of the third seed right now, legitimately, too. It's not like we're benefiting from a  bunch of injuries for teams. We're legitimately pretty freaking good right now!

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 12:45:34 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Our next 10 games:

@ Milwaukee
Los Angeles Clippers
@ Utah
@ Denver
@ Minnesota
Milwaukee
Miami
Utah
Portland
New York

Most of those games are very winnable with the way we're playing. If we can beat the Clippers in a few days we could potentially put an extended winning streak together. But one game at a time. Regardless we have an opportunity to continue are climb in the standings and put some distance between ourselves and the other teams who are trying to catch us.

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 01:55:55 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
When was the last time Boston occupied the 3 spot after 50 games?

Since the 2011 days with Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, and Nenad Krstic lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)