Would you trade Crowder for Winslow?

Yes he has more potential than Crowder
12 (32.4%)
No Crowder is what this team needs now
18 (48.6%)
Miami would never trade Winslow for Crowder
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Would you trade Crowder for Winslow  (Read 1518 times)

Would you trade Crowder for Winslow
« on: February 07, 2016, 02:55:52 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Read on ESPN that Miami might be serious players this trade deadline and I immediately thought Crowder for Winslow could be possible. They have a short window and might look to trade Winslow for proven talent.

This move obviously makes us much worse this year and Winslow may never be as good as Crowder but Winslow's potential is higher. He may end up being much better than Crowder.

It's a gamble but I think you have to do it.

Re: Would you trade Crowder for Winslow
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:58:21 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
wow now that is a hard decision.

Great topic.

I've watched Winslow a lot this year and he's going to be an All defensive player, probably multiple times in his career. He doesn't get much opportunity on offense and that's making him under rated right now.

If I had to pull the trigger I'd probably say yes I would, especially if we got the number 1 or #2 pick in the draft and decided to go very young.

If Danny wanted to let Stevens develop these guys for 3 or 4 years that would be fine with me.
If we did this though, I'd look to move some other vets. I wouldn't mind keeping Bradley either, but I'd look to move IT for a top 10 pick and just go super young.
Something like:

Smart
Winslow
Ingram
Olynyk
Mickey

Rozier
Hunter
draft pick (Celtics)
draft pick (Dallas)
draft pick (IT)
Young
2nd rounder
2nd rounder

But yeah, if Danny decided he wanted to go very young then yes I'd pull the trigger.
Winslow is an absolute stud and a much bigger offensive threat than Jae.
I do love Jae though.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:47:38 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Yes, if only because Winslow has looked pretty good this season and is 5-6 years younger. Obviously Jae is the better player right now but I'd argue that he's at or very near his ceiling. Winslow still has some room to grow and, even though his stats aren't where Jae's are, he is probably already as good or better on the defensive end.

So yeah, and I'd give up our Dallas 2016 pick this year to do it...maybe more :)

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:32:42 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Read on ESPN that Miami might be serious players this trade deadline and I immediately thought Crowder for Winslow could be possible. They have a short window and might look to trade Winslow for proven talent.

This move obviously makes us much worse this year and Winslow may never be as good as Crowder but Winslow's potential is higher. He may end up being much better than Crowder.

Can't tell. Haven't watched much of Winslow but this what you said doesn't make sense.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 08:02:09 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
In a heartbeat

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 08:05:37 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes, of course. Miami wouldn't do this though.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 08:07:49 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Leaning towards doing it. I love Crowder and his toughness, but in a few years, I think Winslow will be the better player. Crowder would help Miami out a ton this year too.
- LilRip

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Can't tell. Haven't watched much of Winslow but this what you said doesn't make sense.

What he is sayin and I agree is that Winslow has a higher ceiling then crowder but currently crowder  the better player. There is no guarentee that Winslow develops

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 08:14:48 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Over the course of their careers Winslow may end up the better player.
However Crowder is the heart and soul of this team. even if Winslow replicated his numbers and defensive impact I doubt he could replicate Crowders leadership and infectious winning attitude.

Crowders greatest impact cannot be quantified. It is a quality of character.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
the answer is easy. of course you make this trade.

but you're essentially "blowing it up" by doing this, as it pretty much sets us back while we wait for winslow to mature. the only reason why we are able to be where we are with Smart(who is young and inexperienced) is because he's the best defensive player on the team and arguably in the league. otherwise he may still be in the D-league.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 09:07:30 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Crowder would be amazing for Miami and they absolutely would have to bite on a deal if one came up. They lucked into a draft pick in an injury prone year that dropped way further than he should have (at the time). This is not to say you give up your best assets for nothing, but Winslow won't be as good as Crowder for at least a couple of years (if at all) and Miami can't afford to wait that long. They should be buyers and should be willing to overpay.

That being said, I can't even answer the poll. I REALLY like Crowder and feel that the team has a new identity since he arrived; however, Winslow is exactly who Danny coveted and makes sense with our growing core (but so does Crowder). Glad I am not a gm.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 09:12:04 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
No

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 09:19:13 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Eh, the answer isn't as clear cut as some make it out to be, but you'd still probably have to do it if you believe in what Winslow can become.

Sure you'd have to kinda change directions in a sense, but that's part of the beauty of how Ainge has set up this rebuild. It's all about flexibility.

If we were to finish the season disappointingly, we have the ability to change gears and go very young pretty much whenever we want. Lee will be gone in a month anyways, Jerebko and Amir both have non-guaranteed deals next season, Sully and Zeller are RFA, and the only other guys we have that aren't on rookie deals are Crowder, Thomas and Bradley. And those guys have three of the best contracts in the league. Easily trade able for good returns. We could easily go for a total youth movement if need be and have to do very little maneuvering to get it done.

That's always been one of the plans, I just can't see us disappointing to that degree. This team is on track to win 47-51 games and make a top 4 seed in the East as the 5th youngest team in the league while receiving a top 5 pick in the draft. Unless a deal you literally CAN NOT pass up (A Winslow for Crowder swap doesn't quite fit that bill for me), I can't see us going that direction right now.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Nope

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 11:54:44 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Yes, of course. Miami wouldn't do this though.

Only reason they might is if they plan on keeping Whiteside and will be too capped out to pay Winslow the max in a few years.

Crowder would be an upgrade in the short term and is locked up for the remainder of the Bosh/Wade/Dragic/Whiteside Era. Throw in 1 or 2 of our mid range assets and Miami could pull the trigger.

Maybe something like this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hvl4eux