Would you trade Crowder for Winslow?

Yes he has more potential than Crowder
12 (32.4%)
No Crowder is what this team needs now
18 (48.6%)
Miami would never trade Winslow for Crowder
7 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Would you trade Crowder for Winslow  (Read 1548 times)

Re: Would you trade Crowder for Winslow
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 12:38:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
No.

All you have to do is look at the end of the Cavs game, the celebration and who motioned the entire team to run back to the locker room. He is a leader if not THE leader of this team. His passion and enthusiasm is infectious. No, I would not trade him for Winslow.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 12:44:56 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I voted no, but it wasn't easy. The main reason is hat this team has something special going on defense with Crowder, Smart, Bradley, Amir.

Hard to visualize Miami making the move though.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
wow now that is a hard decision.

Great topic.

I've watched Winslow a lot this year and he's going to be an All defensive player, probably multiple times in his career. He doesn't get much opportunity on offense and that's making him under rated right now.

If I had to pull the trigger I'd probably say yes I would, especially if we got the number 1 or #2 pick in the draft and decided to go very young.

If Danny wanted to let Stevens develop these guys for 3 or 4 years that would be fine with me.
If we did this though, I'd look to move some other vets. I wouldn't mind keeping Bradley either, but I'd look to move IT for a top 10 pick and just go super young.
Something like:

Smart
Winslow
Ingram
Olynyk
Mickey

Rozier
Hunter
draft pick (Celtics)
draft pick (Dallas)
draft pick (IT)
Young
2nd rounder
2nd rounder

But yeah, if Danny decided he wanted to go very young then yes I'd pull the trigger.
Winslow is an absolute stud and a much bigger offensive threat than Jae.
I do love Jae though.
Well said. This is a trade that would hurt for sometime. And not just the fans. The players may feel betrayed and Stevens will certainly not like the short term prospects of this trade. And Ainge will have a difficult time getting the Cs to buy into this trade. But, like you said, Winslow can be special. His ceiling is much higher than Crowder's.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 01:08:53 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Yes, if only because Winslow has looked pretty good this season and is 5-6 years younger. Obviously Jae is the better player right now but I'd argue that he's at or very near his ceiling. Winslow still has some room to grow and, even though his stats aren't where Jae's are, he is probably already as good or better on the defensive end.

So yeah, and I'd give up our Dallas 2016 pick this year to do it...maybe more :)
Agreed. Crowder has done an amazing job of maximizing his talents. The only area I see any potential improvement is his efficiency from three. And if he does, he could be a fringe all star. But I think he's pretty close to his ceiling also.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 01:14:16 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Crowder would be amazing for Miami and they absolutely would have to bite on a deal if one came up. They lucked into a draft pick in an injury prone year that dropped way further than he should have (at the time). This is not to say you give up your best assets for nothing, but Winslow won't be as good as Crowder for at least a couple of years (if at all) and Miami can't afford to wait that long. They should be buyers and should be willing to overpay.

That being said, I can't even answer the poll. I REALLY like Crowder and feel that the team has a new identity since he arrived; however, Winslow is exactly who Danny coveted and makes sense with our growing core (but so does Crowder). Glad I am not a gm.
TP for summing this trade up so well.

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This is a much harder decision for me than all the Love proposals that include Crowder.

But yes, I make the trade.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Yes, of course. Miami wouldn't do this though.

Only reason they might is if they plan on keeping Whiteside and will be too capped out to pay Winslow the max in a few years.

Crowder would be an upgrade in the short term and is locked up for the remainder of the Bosh/Wade/Dragic/Whiteside Era. Throw in 1 or 2 of our mid range assets and Miami could pull the trigger.

Maybe something like this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hvl4eux

It's the other way.  Trading Winslow for Crowder will add salary for next season which will make it harder if not impossible for the Heat to bring back both Wade and Whiteside, so this trade would mean they don't plan on keeping both.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 02:48:00 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
No
Glue guy.  I think moving crowder more than ANY other player will affect chemistry.  He does the dirty work but is also one of our better players , defenders and a leader

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 03:25:22 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

It's a toughie, but I wouldn't do it, no. I don't want to neglect what a tremendous value Crowder is on this contract. He's constantly improving, is in his prime, is durable, is complete... Winslow has a high high ceiling, but the odds of him ever being as good as Crowder, while significant, are unfavorable. This would also set us back in the short term, at a time where we are clearly building.

But I would try like hell to keep the Heat on the phone. If they are willing to move Winslow, I must have something else for them.

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Not for Smart or Crowder .

A lot of others yes I might gamble .

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 03:29:27 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Miami never does this move.  I think Melo for Winslow makes more sense.