Author Topic: Loge Floor ticket question  (Read 5643 times)

Loge Floor ticket question
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Been to 4 games this year. Been in the very last row and also 5 rows back. I can appreciate that just being at the game is half the fun but as I get older I do like to splurge on good seats. This sort of brings me to my question. Has anyone gotten floor seats from floor a,b or c? If you have, is there a big difference from floor seats and rows 1-4? Lastly, do the people sitting courtside, front row, get in the way of floor tickets a,b and c? It seems like you would have to see over them since you are almost on the same level.

Re: Loge Floor ticket question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 10:37:00 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I can answer your last question, having sat in FLOOR C on the baseline for one game last year.  Yes, rows A and B can block the view.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:39:42 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
TP for the info.

Anyone sit in one of the 6 center loge floor a-c seats? Similar experience or different?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I also have a ticket question.  i will be in town in april and hope to make to the C's game against Charlotte on April 11.  I'm looking to spend around $150 for a ticket.  would i be able to get more bang for my buck if i wait until the game is a day or two away and try to nab a ticket on some 2nd hand site?

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm not 100% if you mean 'floor row 1' or actually sideline floor seats.
For the difference in price I would always go row 1 instead of sideline.

Floor seats for a non-event home game are often $1K+ where as the row 1 equivalents are $300-$500.
I've sat row 1 (the row behind sideline) many times, but sideline only once.
Just try both and see what you prefer :)
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 05:57:07 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Floor seats for a non-event home game are often $1K+ where as the row 1 equivalents are $300-$500.
I'd like to eventually sit courtside but like you said, they are normally more than $1000. So two tickets plus the ridiculous stubhub fee of 500 makes it 2500 or more. The side line rows A B and C that are behind the courtside seats are the ones I'm asking about. I've sat in rows 1-4 but have never sat on the floor. It sounds like you sat in row A, on the floor, which is right behind courtside? How were the seats compared to row 1-4?

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I also have a ticket question.  i will be in town in april and hope to make to the C's game against Charlotte on April 11.  I'm looking to spend around $150 for a ticket.  would i be able to get more bang for my buck if i wait until the game is a day or two away and try to nab a ticket on some 2nd hand site?
It's a Monday game against a team who won't draw too much attention, so you're probably better off waiting. Tickets will drop a lot in the last two days of the sale.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 12:48:01 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906

You should have no problem getting them at the last minute. I'm a season ticket holder and Monday night games are absolutely the worst to resell. It's hard enough to sell Oklahoma City on a Monday night, never mind Charlotte. I would wait until game day to do so. Tickets tend to drop very, very fast on game day.

Let me give you a little "inside baseball" on what I see as a STH trying to resell:

I resell my seats through the Ticketsnow site, which is the official resale site:

http://www.ticketsnow.com/nba/boston-celtics-tickets/

If I were buying tickets, I'd do it around 10-10:30 am. The reason I say that is that we have the option to donate our tickets to the Celtics charity if they don't sell, but any donations need to be made by 11 am. Thus, if I'm reselling my tickets, I'm going to keep dropping the price right up until the deadline, but I have to remove the tickets from the resale site before donating them. Early on the day of the game, I lower my prices to the lowest that I'm willing to sell for, hoping that somebody will come in to work that day and decide that they want to go to the game that night. I have a calendar reminder at 10:45 for every day that there is a game reminding myself to donate the tickets if I'm not going to the game, so I can at least get a tax write-off. You want to be looking for tickets close to the deadline, but not so close that somebody removes them from the resale site to donate them because they don't think their tickets will sell. Hope that makes sense.

Okay, go to the resale site above and pick a game. Let's use the April 11 Charlotte game as an example. Click on the game and, once you get on the seat map, make sure that the resale option is set to "on." You can click on any section and you'll see seats in both blue and red. The seats in blue are coming directly from the Celtics. The seats in red are from season ticket holders who have relisted their tickets for sale. Don't worry, it's just as safe to buy a resale ticket; once I list them for sale, they're out of my inventory and in Ticketmaster's. The difference, however, is in the price. You see the ticket price by hovering over the seat you want. If you buy from the Celtics, there is a fixed Ticketmaster fee of about $5. If you buy a resale ticket, though, Ticketmaster throws on a 21.5% surcharge as a fee (much of which goes to the Celtics).

I'm a very happy STH and generally feel like the Celtics treat me well (Today, my son got to be a "courtside kid" and high-five all the players as they came onto the court.), but that huge surcharge drives me nuts, since it makes my resale tickets much less competitive when I price them (I can price them as high as I want but there is a floor on what I can resell them for.). I can understand the Celtics incentivizing customers to buy tickets from them rather than the resale tickets, but 21.5% is a huge surcharge.

I'd like to eventually sit courtside but like you said, they are normally more than $1000. So two tickets plus the ridiculous stubhub fee of 500 makes it 2500 or more. The side line rows A B and C that are behind the courtside seats are the ones I'm asking about. I've sat in rows 1-4 but have never sat on the floor. It sounds like you sat in row A, on the floor, which is right behind courtside? How were the seats compared to row 1-4?

I've only sat in courtside seats once (courtesy of my STH rep), right underneath the basket (and I was the fourth row back). I have to admit, it was really cool, but those sideline court seats look amazing. The problem is that it costs a fortune. It's really a once in a lifetime thing (unless you have a ton of cash to throw around).

I've also sat in those A,B and C seats. I would take the A row, but I would not do B or C. You're on uncomfortable folding chairs that are squeezed tightly together and if you want to get in and out, you're stepping on people's feet. For the price they charge for those tickets, I think it's a poor experience. At least in Row A there's a bit of space for you to walk. I would take a seat in the first few rows of the loge, preferably on the aisle, any day over the folding chairs.

If you do get one of the A/B/C rows, make sure that you are not in one of the corner sections, since the angles make it very difficult to see on the floor from those sections. The corner sections are 3, 10, 14 and 21. I almost moved my seats to one of those sections for this year, but the Celtics rep that I was chatting with talked me out of it and I'm glad he did.

Hope that helps a bit.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

You should have no problem getting them at the last minute. I'm a season ticket holder and Monday night games are absolutely the worst to resell. It's hard enough to sell Oklahoma City on a Monday night, never mind Charlotte. I would wait until game day to do so. Tickets tend to drop very, very fast on game day.

Let me give you a little "inside baseball" on what I see as a STH trying to resell:

I resell my seats through the Ticketsnow site, which is the official resale site:

If I were buying tickets, I'd do it around 10-10:30 am. The reason I say that is that we have the option to donate our tickets to the Celtics charity if they don't sell, but any donations need to be made by 11 am. Thus, if I'm reselling my tickets, I'm going to keep dropping the price right up until the deadline, but I have to remove the tickets from the resale site before donating them. Early on the day of the game, I lower my prices to the lowest that I'm willing to sell for, hoping that somebody will come in to work that day and decide that they want to go to the game that night. I have a calendar reminder at 10:45 for every day that there is a game reminding myself to donate the tickets if I'm not going to the game, so I can at least get a tax write-off. You want to be looking for tickets close to the deadline, but not so close that somebody removes them from the resale site to donate them because they don't think their tickets will sell. Hope that makes sense.

Okay, go to the resale site above and pick a game. Let's use the April 11 Charlotte game as an example. Click on the game and, once you get on the seat map, make sure that the resale option is set to "on." You can click on any section and you'll see seats in both blue and red. The seats in blue are coming directly from the Celtics. The seats in red are from season ticket holders who have relisted their tickets for sale. Don't worry, it's just as safe to buy a resale ticket; once I list them for sale, they're out of my inventory and in Ticketmaster's. The difference, however, is in the price. You see the ticket price by hovering over the seat you want. If you buy from the Celtics, there is a fixed Ticketmaster fee of about $5. If you buy a resale ticket, though, Ticketmaster throws on a 21.5% surcharge as a fee (much of which goes to the Celtics).

I'm a very happy STH and generally feel like the Celtics treat me well (Today, my son got to be a "courtside kid" and high-five all the players as they came onto the court.), but that huge surcharge drives me nuts, since it makes my resale tickets much less competitive when I price them (I can price them as high as I want but there is a floor on what I can resell them for.). I can understand the Celtics incentivizing customers to buy tickets from them rather than the resale tickets, but 21.5% is a huge surcharge.

I've only sat in courtside seats once (courtesy of my STH rep), right underneath the basket (and I was the fourth row back). I have to admit, it was really cool, but those sideline court seats look amazing. The problem is that it costs a fortune. It's really a once in a lifetime thing (unless you have a ton of cash to throw around).

I've also sat in those A,B and C seats. I would take the A row, but I would not do B or C. You're on uncomfortable folding chairs that are squeezed tightly together and if you want to get in and out, you're stepping on people's feet. For the price they charge for those tickets, I think it's a poor experience. At least in Row A there's a bit of space for you to walk. I would take a seat in the first few rows of the loge, preferably on the aisle, any day over the folding chairs.

If you do get one of the A/B/C rows, make sure that you are not in one of the corner sections, since the angles make it very difficult to see on the floor from those sections. The corner sections are 3, 10, 14 and 21. I almost moved my seats to one of those sections for this year, but the Celtics rep that I was chatting with talked me out of it and I'm glad he did.

Hope that helps a bit.

Mike
Hey Mike.

Thanks for the assist.

The ticket rep is definitely right. The loge sections you mentioned are not worth the neck ache.

I'll take your suggestion and go for row A. Also good advice on purchasing tickets. I almost always wait til the morning of the game to buy the tickets.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Hope that helps a bit.

Mike
Hey Mike.

Thanks for the assist.

The ticket rep is definitely right. The loge sections you mentioned are not worth the neck ache.

I'll take your suggestion and go for row A. Also good advice on purchasing tickets. I almost always wait til the morning of the game to buy the tickets.

Yes, last minute can be a gamble, but a fruitful gamble sometimes.

In 2012 we went to Miami for the ECF. I noticed there was a pretty big supply of tickets up very close (for pretty much every game in Miami until game 7). So we waited till an hour before the game. I almost gave in at about $700 each for 2nd row seats.  5 minutes later the 'chivas regal' seats were available for $400 a pop.
Flo Rida and Dan Marino were sitting in front of us and we also got a free meal up in the corporate section with unlimited Chivas (during dinner).

One of my proudest moments...Eastern Conference Finals seats, 2nd row, $400 bucks.
Miami just has so many corporate seats that no one shows up for.

Anyway good luck!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.