Author Topic: NBA where coaches being used as scapegoats happens  (Read 550 times)

NBA where coaches being used as scapegoats happens
« on: February 06, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Qouting Coach SVG on this one:

“It’s embarrassing for the league. Really. As I’ve said before, we all get into this no matter what happens. David Blatt had injuries this year, and everything else. We all know nobody cares about that. You’re supposed to win. He did. He did, and now he’s still getting fired….

“That one — to me — elevated all of the coach firings totally into the theatre of the absurd. It was insane. We’ve already had Kevin McHale goes into the conference finals and gets fired 11 games into the season and now David Blatt. So two of the four guys who were left standing at the end of last year aren’t there anymore. It’s getting ridiculous. I don’t know if anybody knows what the expectations of coaches are anymore…”

So let's enumerate the most obvious ones:

Kevin Mchale(HOU) -  Fired Nov. 18, 2015, Rockets started the season 4-7 now they're at 27-25. Not much of a difference there IMO. He was coming off an 56-26 season in which the Rockets reached the Western Conference finals for the first time since 1997.

David Blatt(CLE) - Fired Jan. 22, 2016, Cavs were 30-11 prior to the firing, 5-3 with Lue at the helm. Blatt had guided Cleveland to the NBA Finals last year without Love and a not a 100% Irving.

Jeff Hornaceck(PHO) - Fired Feb. 1, 2016, To blame the Suns’ woes – which include losing 19 of their past 21 games – on Hornacek is ridiculous. He is not an exception to blame but the bigger culprit is management who set him up to fail. Hornacek's stint with the Suns started well enough with a 48-34 season in 2013-14.

Lionell Hollins(BRK) - Fired Jan. 10, 2016, Same as Hornaceck, This one is really on Billy King and it’s really absurd he still had a job to lose(he was reassigned as adviser?, what it means I really have no clue.) No coach can ever repair the damage that Billy King has done in this organization.

Michael Malone - Fired Dec. 15, 2014, after 11-13 start but as per management did not live up to expectations of ownership and because of philosophical differences. This season they are currently 21-29 and the fact the DMC really had a great relationship with Malone really puts this firing on the absurd. George Karl is next.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:30:19 PM by Yenohb »

Re: NBA where coaches are being used as scapegoats happens
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 07:19:49 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
When it comes to Kings (if Karl is fired) it would be messed up bc they have been through so many, there comes a time when you have to find out the REAL problem when you have tried 50 coaches!

How many coaches/players can these teams go through until they realize there is a problem with the people who own/run the organization?!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: NBA where coaches being used as scapegoats happens
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 07:41:33 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
in Today's NBA---it's the players who choose the teams and coaches they want to play for...If a coach isn't considered "Cool"...He's out the door.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.