Author Topic: How concerned should we be about Crowder's ankle injury ?  (Read 356 times)

How concerned should we be about Crowder's ankle injury ?
« on: February 06, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/jae-crowder-toughing-it-out-embodies-these-celtics

And while his box score numbers were nothing to feel good about, the fact that he was on the floor at all spoke to what has become the identity of this team this season.

They come to play, regardless of the circumstances.

Even if it means playing while being severely limited which was indeed the case with Crowder whose ankle injury was “stiff as hell” before the game started and didn’t improve significantly through the night.

“I knew it was a big test for us,” Crowder said of playing the Cavs. “I just didn’t have it physically. I was there mentally.”

Crowder was convinced he would start the game.

Finishing it was another story.

There was a point in the game when he thought about tapping out for the night because of the injury, which affected his leaping ability more so than his lateral quickness.

Isaiah Thomas recalls a conversation he and Crowder had in the second half.

“Jae asked me in the game, ‘Man you think I should sit out the rest of the game?” Thomas recalled. “I said, ‘Man, you already played half the game. You might as well finish it.’”

Sounds like a pretty bad ankle sprain . Hope this doesn't slow him down in the second half of the season , like Smart last year .

Re: How concerned should we be about Crowder's ankle injury ?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
He should probably sit out Sunday against the Kings and give himself more time to recover. Gay is questionable to play that day anyways, so there's not really a major wing that we'd need him to cover defensively.