Author Topic: I thought Sullinger was Terrific Last Night  (Read 1980 times)

Re: I thought Sullinger was Terrific Last Night
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 08:58:50 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I watched him absolutely flail a few jumpers and fade aways (good heavens). He also misses key FTs. His agent talked about asking for a max extension last offseason. Get in the gym young fella -- get better, and lose some a$$ while ur at it.

you want him to lose the asset that allows him to clear space to work inside the paint? Not a good idea.

People around here care more about his weight than how well he plays

People should read what I said. He's a horrid shooter. It's a problem for crunch time play.

He also has the best defensive rating of any player on the team.  For what he gives up on offense, he more than makes it up on defense.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He also has the best defensive rating of any player on the team.  For what he gives up on offense, he more than makes it up on defense.

What stat are you basing this off?

Please post for all of us to see.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 09:28:09 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

What stat are you basing this off?

Please post for all of us to see.

Probably this one:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2016.html

I honestly hate those ratings stats, they always seem to me incredibly noisy to me for whatever that's worth.

He's hardly our best defender. I do think he plays a very important role for us defensively, and he excels at it more often than not. Just have to keep him away from small ball units, where he's pretty much a disaster.

I'm honestly surprised that rating is as good as it is considering that most of his teammates were close to him through most of the season, and now he's the only one remaining under 100, with a 97. It's very curious to me as to why that's so.

I suspect that many of the rest have seen their stats dip because of less effective defensive small ball units, then again I'm not entirely sure how these guys calculate that rating, particularly given that Sullinger is probably our worst small ball defender. I suspect that he's been limited in exposure to those types of units, though he seems to be trotted out with them more often than I'd like. We're better served playing Zeller or Amir in those situations. By the same token, I'm dumbfounded as to why Stevens keeps refusing to play Sullinger/Olynyk together considering all the evidence to suggest that they may just be our best big man pair, and by far.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
At he beginning when things weren't going right.

Sully stiffened his resolve ,  he played extra hard .  He could do things to help and he did .  He kinda plugged the hole in the dyke till Smart could come in .

LeBron and them just ran over IT and AB ....like a train hitting a car.

Then Marcus came in.  Put a stop to all that non sense

The Cavs .....used their size and early energy to intimidate our smallish guys.

Smart and Sully are tuff as nails

KO is a woosey .