Author Topic: I thought Sullinger was Terrific Last Night  (Read 1949 times)

I thought Sullinger was Terrific Last Night
« on: February 06, 2016, 02:57:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Just checking the blog this afternoon and I see a couple post critical of Sully's free throw shooting attitude etc.

Im not saying these criticisms are unwarranted, and they are worthy discussions.

That being said, last night I thought he was terrific. He got some big rebounds for us, made some big plays (rebound and pass to Crowder to cut lead to 2) and gave us some offense when we needed it (dominated guys in the post)

The criticism is fair, but if we are gonna call him out for missing fts and having a bad attitude, I think we have to give him props for making big plays and being our most physical big.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: I thought Sullinger was Terrific Last Night
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
He also showed up last year against the Cavs in the playoffs.

He does well against them.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He also showed up last year against the Cavs in the playoffs.

He does well against them.
I think he matches up pretty well with them.

And if you match up well with Mozgov, Thompson, and Love then you are in a good place.

Anyway, I think hes a big game player. If you go back through his game logs just skimming through for the big games, he has his biggest games against teams with great bigs.  I mean hes obviously got a lot going on mentally, but when he thinks hes in a big game where he can prove himself hes shown a tendency to play really well.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
He made some great moves last night.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I thought Sullinger outplayed Drummond the other night as well.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 07:14:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I watched him absolutely flail a few jumpers and fade aways (good heavens). He also misses key FTs. His agent talked about asking for a max extension last offseason. Get in the gym young fella -- get better, and lose some a$$ while ur at it.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 07:18:51 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I watched him absolutely flail a few jumpers and fade aways (good heavens). He also misses key FTs. His agent talked about asking for a max extension last offseason. Get in the gym young fella -- get better, and lose some a$$ while ur at it.
I guess some team may overspend for him but it will be a real surprise if he gets 2/3rds of what he wants.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

you want him to lose the asset that allows him to clear space to work inside the paint? Not a good idea.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 08:14:40 PM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
He was great, without him we wouldnt have been in position to win that game. His flaws are almost as great as his qualities right now but he might get it together.

I want him back, but at a reasonable price, like 10 a year tops. I like him, and I know its crazy but still hold hope that he may be a power foward again if he gets in shape. He is a plus right now, his real-plus minus is good.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 08:21:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd like a guy who can rebound and pass like Sully who doesn't have weight and conditioning issues and who can actually score with average efficiency.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 08:46:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He also wants to prove himself vs Tristan Thompson in a contract year and it's a large audience game. Similar to Rondo I guess.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 10:41:52 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't see what the deal is with Sully

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25475048/watch-celtics-avery-bradley-hits-game-winner-against-cavaliers

He's happy for his teammates hitting  a big shot here.  I don't think it's about he money with him either.  I think most of this stuff is manufactured anyways.  You guys don't know these things.

He's human like every one else.  People hated on Bradley and hits a big shot and people love him.  Sully will hit a big shot for us down the road and it will be the same thing.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 11:02:40 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I generally hate Sully's shot selection. Those 3's and tough jumpers have got to go. Move the ball!
- LilRip

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 11:13:57 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

you want him to lose the asset that allows him to clear space to work inside the paint? Not a good idea.

People around here care more about his weight than how well he plays
I'm bitter.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

People around here care more about his weight than how well he plays

People should read what I said. He's a horrid shooter. It's a problem for crunch time play.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)