Author Topic: Trade Idea: Celtics-Bucks-Pelicans  (Read 1099 times)

Trade Idea: Celtics-Bucks-Pelicans
« on: February 06, 2016, 01:13:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z77flpo

Celtics get Parker
Bucks get Evans and Anderson, 2016 Dallas, 2016 Celtics Pick, 2018 Nets pick
Pelicans get Monroe and Jerebko, 2016 and 2017 Minny 2nd rounders

Who says no?

Pelicans: The Pelicans get the best player in the trade, at a position they need help with. Davis can't stay healthy, period, but especially pounding with other centers. Asik is so unskilled that he hurts their offense. Because Davis can shoot the three, he would stretch the floor and allow Monroe to bang inside. Monroe's passing ability and rebounding ability would give the Pelicans a really good big man due. Anderson might be gone after this year, but Jerebko can offer some of Anderson's shooting on a cheaper team-friendly contract. Evans appears to be a poor fit next to Gordon and Holliday. They also get two really good 2nd round picks. Monroe-Davis-DejeanJones-Gordon-Holliday is a tough matchup. They probably still need a versatile 3, but it is a good lineup.

Bucks: The pieces don't fit. GiAnt appears to be the best player with the most upside on the team. By putting shooters and a legit point guard around him, they can help his development. Monroe appears like a bad fit, and Parker and GiAnt plays the same position/area of the court. The Bucks can resign Anderson to continue to space the floor for GiAnt. They also get three picks to fill out their roster on cheap contracts. Henson-GiAnt-Anderson-Middleton-Evans core could be very versatile and good, and it starts to work on their shooting problem.

Celtics: Parker replaces Jerebko in the rotation and develops under CBS. He only costs three of our first round picks, and none of the next two Brooklyn picks, when the Nets will probably be at their worst.

Re: Trade Idea: Celtics-Bucks-Pelicans
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133

Celtics get Parker

Who says no?

Pelicans: The Pelicans get the best player in the trade, at a position they need help with. Davis can't stay healthy, period, but especially pounding with other centers. Asik is so unskilled that he hurts their offense. Because Davis can shoot the three, he would stretch the floor and allow Monroe to bang inside. Monroe's passing ability and rebounding ability would give the Pelicans a really good big man due. Anderson might be gone after this year, but Jerebko can offer some of Anderson's shooting on a cheaper team-friendly contract. Evans appears to be a poor fit next to Gordon and Holliday. They also get two really good 2nd round picks. Monroe-Davis-DejeanJones-Gordon-Holliday is a tough matchup. They probably still need a versatile 3, but it is a good lineup.

Bucks: The pieces don't fit. GiAnt appears to be the best player with the most upside on the team. By putting shooters and a legit point guard around him, they can help his development. Monroe appears like a bad fit, and Parker and GiAnt plays the same position/area of the court. The Bucks can resign Anderson to continue to space the floor for GiAnt. They also get three picks to fill out their roster on cheap contracts. Henson-GiAnt-Anderson-Middleton-Evans core could be very versatile and good, and it starts to work on their shooting problem.

Celtics: Parker replaces Jerebko in the rotation and develops under CBS. He only costs three of our first round picks, and none of the next two Brooklyn picks, when the Nets will probably be at their worst.
I get he has upside but no way am I giving up a Brooklyn pick for a Jerebko replacement

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 01:26:55 PM »

• Paul Silas
CelticsFan166 - this is based on my theory of the Brooklyn picks, that, by 2018, the Russian Billionairre will buy his way to mediocrity. I'm willing to give up two picks in the 20s and one in the low teens for Parker, who I think can be a legit offensive star in CBS system.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:46:00 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
CelticsFan166 - this is based on my theory of the Brooklyn picks, that by 2018, the Russian Billionairre will buy his way to mediocrity. I'm willing to give up two picks in the 20s and one in the low teens for Parker, who I think can be a legit offensive star in CBS system.

I get that he's still got the surface cachet of a recent #2 overall pick, but three mid-late 1sts is still an overpay in terms of Parker's actual oncourt performance and potential. If he were playing the same way in the same situation but had been, say, the 24th overall pick, there's no way you'd be thinking of offering that much for him.

And that's aside from the fact that the Brooklyn pick is not a pick in the teens, not yet, and could still wind up a top 5 pick, because the Billionaire can try to buy his way out of the bottom all he wants, but there'll be 25-29 other teams with more or less the same spending ability and way better situations, and even if he could draw interest the particular choices in free agency that the Billionaire approves of (one-dimensional semi-stars, aging ex-stars, overhyped "future" stars) might backfire and only make their record worse.

Boston says noooooooo.

As does everyone justifiably down on Parker in this thread:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82674.15

The only people who'd say yes are probably Bucks management, Bucks fans, Duke fans, fans-who-never-stop-thinking-top-draft-picks-have-unlimited-potential, and fans named "Jabari". Pelicans fans would say they like it, too, but even they would ask why Boston is getting bent over.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:56:13 PM by Dino Pitino »
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 01:56:09 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I like this trade, JJ and picks for Parker, the 2018 Nets pick hurts to give away but we get a young scorer that Brad can mold. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 02:25:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd rather trade Sully for Monroe than this trade.   

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Celtics get Parker

Who says no?

There is no way the Bucks are going to trade Parker.  He's who they're building around.  you're trade isn't even close enough to get them to answer the phone anyway.   Evans is too injury prone and Anderson is a FA who will never resign.  So you have them trading Parker AND Monroe basically for 3 number ones that you admit will probably be lower to middle 1st round picks.     That trade wouldn't even get you Parker....
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:13:15 AM by Geo123 »

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 05:23:54 PM »

• Paul Silas
There was a time when Wiggins was considered the best prospect to come into the NBA since Davis, and Parker was right on his heels.

We make this deal because Parker is playing out of position, outside of his strengths, and behind other players on this team. Parker is an elite scorer. Don't let a rookie season and a injury recovery season cloud that.

Young talent like Parker would be a perfect fit for a Celtic team that needs versatile scoring.

3 mid-round draft picks is a really good trade for the 2nd overall pick. Even if one sneaks into the top ten, although I don't think it will, I still like this trade.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 09:20:17 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Remember we offered 6 picks overall (4 firsts) for Winslow at 10 and it was turned down.  So how is 3 mid first round picks a good deal for a player who was drafted higher and is a better overall player?  The answer is it's a good trade for us and bad for the Bucks.