Author Topic: Does win in Cle change what you want to do at deadline?  (Read 2535 times)

Does win in Cle change what you want to do at deadline?
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:45:21 PM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
Title says it all.  Of course 1 game shouldn't change your entire philosophy on what you think the team should do at the deadline, but I think more discussions should be had now that it's clear we can at least compete with the top of the east.  To me this was a big win for the celts mindset as they finally got over the hump against a team that clearly stands in the way of any eastern team attempting to make a run.

1. Are you more/less willing to trade for a rental?

2. Are you more/less willing to trade Nets '16 (to a lesser extent '17 swap and '18)

3. Are you more/less willing to trade one of our core (IT, AB, Crowder, Marcus)

I'm not saying I now want to mortgage the future or that I'm now sold on all our dudes, just want to see where people are at on the deadline now.

A lot of people on here are diametrically opposed to a rental deal the Brooklyn pick for someone other than griffin/cousins?

Similarly,

Re: Does win in Cle change what you want to do at deadline?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We've always been in collect as many assets to turn them into a number one option superstar mode. We've never been in tank mode. So no, I'd say the plan is to still push our assets at the first and second superstars that become available.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
It shouldn't change anything. As awesome as last night's win was, it still took a quirky deflection out of bounds to set Avery's shot. A quirky bounce out of bounds shouldn't dictate how a team philosophically approaches a season.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:07:43 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Same plan as always: 

- Hope the current team plays hard, together, and plays the right way.

- Develop our young players to play the way mentioned above. 

- Win as many games as possible. 

- Don't overpay for veterans 30+ or on last year of contract.

- Don't bring in any 'bad actors' that will mess with the team's chemistry.

And finally, be ready if/when the opportunity presents itself to significantly improve this team.  Don't force it.  Let the deal come to us.  And if nothing happens...move on to the offseason, free agency, and our top lottery pick.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 01:08:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
As of late I'm in the buy low or not at all camp. Its ok to keep things as they are till draft night.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:15:11 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Last nights win doesn't change we aren't any wheres near being contenders. Beating Cleveland last night was nice, but we got some lucky breaks and capitalized on them, but in all we should have been blown out how they played in the first half.

Still need a got to scorer who can get his own shot. IT struggled against the length and athleticism. ET played very well, but he some times doesn't' show. Crowder hit one shot last night, but that may have been more ankle issues. AB okay last night. In a game like this you need to step things up, and he hasn't been to the line in the last 3 games, thats an issue, because that means his defender isn't working that hard if he's just taking jump shots.

That being said, I don't want to see a 7 for 1 deal right now. That would throw things off. I think Harford may be the best bet if DA can pull off Lee,Young, for Harford and maybe Hardaway for filler. Or even Korver if Atlanta wants to free up more cap for next season.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
No.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
As far as the possiblity of a rental, as in Horford, as long as we don't trade any Brooklyn picks I don't care what we do with the other picks. We gotta move at least half of our 8 picks. This team is looking like they are only a couple of players from challenging Cleveland in the East. As of right now we might steal a game or 2 in a 7 game playoff, but we are beating Cleveland in a 7 game playoff series.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Yeah..

I want a new NBA award.  Given

" The Twin Knucklehead "

In honor of JR Smith and Mozgov.....

Thanks boys !

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 01:42:22 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
No. They still need another scorer. I watched the whole game, and for the life of me, can't figure out how they won. While an upgrade for the bigs would be nice, you can't win if you can't score.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 01:49:31 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 01:55:18 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
No.

But it may habe made some chips even more valuable: see Turner, Evan; Bradley, Avery.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 01:55:37 PM »

Offline frosty33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I still see us getting crushed by the cavs in the playoffs if we manage to get that far.  It was a great win, but the playoffs are a different beast.

I think the plan stays the same.  We will go for a quasi star if we can get him for a bargain.  We will go all-in on a legit superstar if one hits the market.  Otherwise we will head into the offseason with double max cap space and tons of flexibility. 

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 02:23:58 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
No one win doesn't change what we do at the deadline. The plan is and always has been looking to add a superstar.

However, the last few weeks has made me reconsider whether to tinker with the back end of the rotation. With how the bench is meshing together making a trade upgrade to he 5-8 rotation spots might hurt chemistry and actually provide negative results.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19