Author Topic: Woj: Kings very close to firing George Karl  (Read 8554 times)

Re: Woj: Kings very close to firing George Karl
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
This is so stupid... "they will decide to fire him in a week or so" and crap like that.

Why don't you guys just, you know... fire him?

And now a reversal?

What a joke.
You're talking about one of the two worst run franchises in the league (I'd say Charlotte is the other one).   It's incredibly stupid.  You're correct.  It undermines Karl's authority and basically encourages the players to give up on him.

you puttin' Charlotte over Brooklyn? that's a tight race, at least for the time being.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Vlade the peacemaker

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
First thing Karl asked for when he moved in ..was to trade Cousins ....I mean he blew the gig from day one .

He d never been given the job IF he had made his intentions clear from the get go.

So he just got on the wrong side of Boogie and the owner.right off the start.   Could only go down hill.

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240758/Kings-Minority-Owners-Fought-Ranadive-On-Firing-George-Karl

The Sacramento Kings decided to hold off on firing George Karl this week, but it could have been for financial issues.

"The reason they didn't fire George Karl was over monetary concerns. Vivek Ranadive does not own a majority of the team. He's the controlling owner. They're paying so many coaches not to coach that his partners really fought him on swallowing another contract. That was part of the decision in not firing George Karl."

The Kings remain in contention for the playoffs.

The Kings are also paying Michael Malone and Tyrone Corbin.

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2016, 05:22:42 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think Karl and the Kings must realize more and more, that character counts. When your two best players don't lead by example, others will certainly follow.

Unless you're referring to Rondo and Gay, I'm not sure that this is fair.  How is Cousins not leading by example?  He scores, he rebounds, he passes, and he's played really good defense on a team when nobody else outside of WCS does.

Maybe we're watching a different team, because is frequently the last one back on defense and he constantly whines and complains to referees. He's as talented as they come, and he's all the things you said above when he's engaged. But it's not nearly enough to consider him a guy who leads by example.

I know Rondo has a reputation around these parts, but he's been the leader of that team for better or worse.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman