Author Topic: Woj: Kings very close to firing George Karl  (Read 8577 times)

Re: Woj: Kings very close to firing George Karl
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I think Karl and the Kings must realize more and more, that character counts. When your two best players don't lead by example, others will certainly follow.

My main thoughts are how can we take advantage of the trouble building in Sacramento.

Before he's ruined, Willie Cauley Stein, could be an answer at center. Young, super athletic, fast, rim protector. Turn him into a Celtics under Brad Stevens.

Add a scorer, through free agency, or even the draft.

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I wonder just how bad a team with Cousins and Melo would be?

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 07:51:57 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
My main thoughts are how can we take advantage of the trouble building in Sacramento.

Before he's ruined, Willie Cauley Stein, could be an answer at center. Young, super athletic, fast, rim protector. Turn him into a Celtics under Brad Stevens.

As I said, I would take a chance on Cousins but I agree with you that before we get to that point, I'd look into Cauley-Stein. Imagine him on the floor with Olynyk stretching the defense, picking and rolling with IT. It could be great.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 08:12:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I wonder just how bad a team with Cousins and Melo would be?

You hate coach CBS ....LOL  :)

Oh let's add Howard to them while we're baking this fruit cake.

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 08:46:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
with the way the Kings have been losing, I wonder if the Kings will warm a little to moving Cousins.

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2016, 09:04:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
with the way the Kings have been losing, I wonder if the Kings will warm a little to moving Cousins.
maybe check some other threads that dealt with this topic. the kings often lose, but cousins is still there so i am unconvinced by such an argument. needs a lot more substance to be persuasive for me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2016, 09:05:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
maybe check some other threads that dealt with this topic. the kings often lose, but cousins is still there so i am unconvinced by such an argument. needs a lot more substance to be persuasive for me.
It would require Cousins wanting out.

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2016, 09:41:40 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

As I said, I would take a chance on Cousins but I agree with you that before we get to that point, I'd look into Cauley-Stein. Imagine him on the floor with Olynyk stretching the defense, picking and rolling with IT. It could be great.

IMO Cousins will go nowhere, Ownership is not ready to part with him. He'll stay in Sacramento for another shot at building a functional team. At least until he's a free agent, he'll remain.

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2016, 10:29:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2016, 10:38:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Any of you guys wondering whether or not we should try for cousins? I know I've been one of the louder voices in favor of acquiring boogie, but with the success we are having now, not sure if he is the answer. Obviously we need a star, but a wing might be better for us.

And, let's be honest here and speculate: is it possible that Cousins is the reason the Kings suck? This guy has been through way too many coaches. One has to wonder whether at some point the issues lie with him and not his coaches...

I base my argument off this because of the situation in Milwaukee, and before that in Detroit. Detroit was never a good team with Monroe. But the year he's gone, they're a serious candidate to make the playoffs. Similarly, the bucks were a beast last year, but with Monroe, they've regressed quite a bit. Makes me wonder whether players like Monroe and cousins are, in ways like rondo. Put up numbers but don't translate to wins, in fact, translate to losses. 

Feel free to give your thoughts
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There it is...

https://twitter.com/celticsblog/status/696897978813038593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

'The coming days?' Why don't they just do it now if everybody already knows about it? Going to be kind-of awkward, but maybe the all-star break is what they are waiting for.

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2016, 11:01:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Any of you guys wondering whether or not we should try for cousins? I know I've been one of the louder voices in favor of acquiring boogie, but with the success we are having now, not sure if he is the answer. Obviously we need a star, but a wing might be better for us.

And, let's be honest here and speculate: is it possible that Cousins is the reason the Kings suck? This guy has been through way too many coaches. One has to wonder whether at some point the issues lie with him and not his coaches...

I base my argument off this because of the situation in Milwaukee, and before that in Detroit. Detroit was never a good team with Monroe. But the year he's gone, they're a serious candidate to make the playoffs. Similarly, the bucks were a beast last year, but with Monroe, they've regressed quite a bit. Makes me wonder whether players like Monroe and cousins are, in ways like rondo. Put up numbers but don't translate to wins, in fact, translate to losses. 

Feel free to give your thoughts

We should probably throw Griffin in that category, too  ;)

But, in all seriousness, there probably is some substance to your argument, but it may just be more about fit/style than anything else. Monroe and [especially] Cousins are very effective players, but may need a system that works better for them. See Rondo with the Big 3 and Rondo since.

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2016, 11:06:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cousins is of course valuable .

But I think this quick demise of Karl .....puts a damper on some teams desire to break the bank and pay some huge load of assets for him.

talk of three firsts and crazy stuff like that needs to stop.

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2016, 11:32:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
So Cousins loves Rondo.  Rondo loves Karl.  There's already been hints that Rondo might go elsewhere this Summer.  Firing Karl probably makes that more likely.  Rondo leaving will upset Cousins.   

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2016, 11:39:55 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
So Cousins loves Rondo.  Rondo loves Karl.  There's already been hints that Rondo might go elsewhere this Summer.  Firing Karl probably makes that more likely.  Rondo leaving will upset Cousins.

Then the Knicks hire Karl and sign Rondo and have their point guard and coach.