Author Topic: Woj: Kings very close to firing George Karl  (Read 8579 times)

Re: Woj: Kings very close to firing George Karl
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 09:39:35 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Wow, how quickly things change. It feels like a week ago that I was involved in a thread talking about a Cousins trade being impossible because the Kings were in the thick of a hunt for a playoff spot.  Someone commented, sure that's true RIGHT NOW but in a few weeks you never know.

Kudos to that guy.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
lets just have rondo be a player coach.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 10:02:01 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Wow, how quickly things change. It feels like a week ago that I was involved in a thread talking about a Cousins trade being impossible because the Kings were in the thick of a hunt for a playoff spot.  Someone commented, sure that's true RIGHT NOW but in a few weeks you never know.

Kudos to that guy.

What do the Kings and a playoff spot this year have to do with Cousins? The Kings can be bad again this year and still want to build around him

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 10:11:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Karl went to a bad place .   He should have never went there .  I knew they would disrespect him.

Only somebody tuff like DA , POP, Pat Riley,  Can take those wild players at this point ......who have been allowed to run wild ...understand what being an adult is , and having tantrums and storming , stomping your feet is stuff of 5 year olds . 

They are hired to,do,a,job ......play ball the way they are instructed .  If not you trade them away and straighten out the team .....that's called being the general manager. 

Obviously Carlisle won't tolerate in subordination .

Rondo is a coach killer supreme .

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 10:30:18 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Karl went to a bad place .   He should have never went there .  I knew they would disrespect him.

Only somebody tuff like DA , POP, Pat Riley,  Can take those wild players at this point ......who have been allowed to run wild ...understand what being an adult is , and having tantrums and storming , stomping your feet is stuff of 5 year olds . 

They are hired to,do,a,job ......play ball the way they are instructed .  If not you trade them away and straighten out the team .....that's called being the general manager. 

Obviously Carlisle won't tolerate in subordination .

Rondo is a coach killer supreme .

RONDO is a coach killer? He's gotten exactly zero coaches fired in his career.  Cousins is the coach killer
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 10:31:42 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown

Kudos to that guy.

What do the Kings and a playoff spot this year have to do with Cousins? The Kings can be bad again this year and still want to build around him
I meant it more from the perspective of the Kings being an unstable organization, so the likelihood of something happening can shift in a heartbeat. At the time the Kings were playing well and were right on the edge of the playoffs, and there was a lot of reason for optimism around the current team. Now, a few weeks later, management is looking to make a change.

You are right, Cousins almost definitely isn't going anywhere this season, but with Vivek around, nothing is as far away as it seems.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 10:43:27 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Vivek? Do you mean Divac?

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 10:50:30 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
Vivek? Do you mean Divac?
Vlade will ensure that whatever organizational decisions are made will get very executed poorly.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
That team is weird as far as the talent they have on it. But they are screwed when your 2 best players Cousins and Rondo are complete ****s. Hard to coach a team with those 2 on it.

Would also note that Rondo somewhere, somehow became a crap defender.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 11:20:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The stupid owner gots the Steinbrenner syndrome ......he hires a GM and Coach and won' t leave them alone to do their job.,...which sometimes takes 2-5years to assemble the correct personnel

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
 At what point does DMC start demanding a trade from that ridiculous organization? They change both their coach and their basketball philosophy every year it seems, and I don't blame him for being  frustrated with the organization.

I can't see Karl lasting after what seems to be two sure clobberings at the hands of us and Cleveland.

Has there ever been a sports organization as dysfunctional as the Kings? I don't even think that the Nets are as bad as them.

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 03:38:04 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
At what point does DMC start demanding a trade from that ridiculous organization? They change both their coach and their basketball philosophy every year it seems, and I don't blame him for being  frustrated with the organization.

I can't see Karl lasting after what seems to be two sure clobberings at the hands of us and Cleveland.

Has there ever been a sports organization as dysfunctional as the Kings? I don't even think that the Nets are as bad as them.

As soon as Vlade and Vivek start taking calls on DMC, Danny has to offer them whatever they want. And to answer your question, Cleveland Browns.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 03:45:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I mean, is it a real shock that a George Karl coached team doesn't play any defense? I think, with some research, they could have figured that out before hiring him.

That organization is such a mess. I feel bad for those fans.

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Thib or Jerry Sloan, players don't react to either of those guys BLOW IT UP
Trade cousins to us  :angel:

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 04:12:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I mean, is it a real shock that a George Karl coached team doesn't play any defense?

Do you realize that Karl had a reputation as a defensive coach in Seattle, where he had his team in the top three in defensive rating for three out of a stretch of four seasons?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference