Author Topic: Which individual players can David Lee + X number of picks get us?  (Read 3102 times)

Re: Which individual players can David Lee + X number of picks get us?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 12:38:49 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82247.0

By far the most likely deal to happen for Lee

That would be tragic...unless the space/exception created is as useful in trades?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Monroe, Tyson Chandler, Favors, Gasol, Griffin, Faried, Kanter, Jefferson, Horford, Milsap, Robin Lopez, Gortat, Nene, Vucevic, we need one of those guys.

Can't keep all these players and all these picks, as much as I would like to.  Give us a serviceable big to close games with!!!
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 01:00:59 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I think there's one player on the list above who might not cost a Brooklyn 1st and would be better than Monroe, at least for the next 3-4 months. Horford. All depends on whether Atlanta decides that one more playoff run + the chance to re-sign him to a max contract they're unwilling to give him + whatever they could get in a hypothetical sign-and-trade (maybe one mid-late 1st?) is worth more than, say, two mid-late 1sts plus two early 2nds. Would that be an overpay for a Horford rental? Sure. But then we could also recoup some pick value in a possible sign-and-trade. Or we could (gulp) sign him to the max if he likes Boston. Do not want, but maybe it'd be the surprise secret to attracting Durant. Barring that, Horford is still probably the second-best FA this summer who'll actually maybe change teams, so if you miss out on Durant might as well splurge on the next best thing, especially since the cap will be exploding even more soon after. And he could still have future trade value, at least early on in his new disgusting contract.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Monroe, Tyson Chandler, Favors, Gasol, Griffin, Faried, Kanter, Jefferson, Horford, Milsap, Robin Lopez, Gortat, Nene, Vucevic, we need one of those guys.

Can't keep all these players and all these picks, as much as I would like to.  Give us a serviceable big to close games with!!!

I agree. At the absolute least, wouldn't it be nice to have Big Al available to come off the bench, maybe spot-start against certain frontcourts? What would it take to get him as a rental using just Lee, I wonder. A single mid-late 1st, at most, right?

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Monroe....Bucks aint happy with him....although I think he would work out under Brad.

That's what I'm thinking too.  Would Lee, Sully, Celtics 1st rounder, and Dallas pick be enough to get it done?  Too much?

I could see him basically taking Sully's role and upgrading it.

i'm with you on this.  Monroe is a good upgrade over Sully, playing a similar role.

I'm with you fellas. He can do what Sully does but better.

I like Monroe...a lot.

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

That would be tragic...unless the space/exception created is as useful in trades?
Ive seen that on multiple pages now. We most likely trade Lee to Portland for nothing or buy him out. 

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Not for Wyc Grousbeck. He'll take $5mil and a pick for Lee every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 11:23:14 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Id give up a whole lot for Tobias Harris on this team.