Author Topic: Brad Stevens reaction to the game winner?  (Read 6921 times)

Re: Brad Stevens reaction to the game winner?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 03:51:26 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Nothing against Lebron overly,  He can be a jerk sometimes, he's a great player but it is kind of funny his reactions when they ask him what was going through his mind when AB's shot went in.   He also just seems rattled a bit there.  Love getting injured again etc.  He wants his team to play better and not really making any excuses except t hat.  I can respect that.    He's said jerky things in the past but I more think his reaction is a bit more comical there. he just looks broken.. Klove is a great player too but he keeps getting hurt.

Lebron will be  back. Not worried about that.  We have to be ready.  I'll just chuckle a bit about  this one in the meantime.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:07:08 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 05:43:43 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCv3lRYbpw4

here's a better view of where he was.  2:47 before the play started.  3:21 as well after the shot went in.  He didn't move.

Typical Stevens fashion - can't be found.

Letting his players enjoy the hard-fought win. I'm sure he's proud of his team, but he's a low-key coach. Love the guy.

Did anyone see in this clip how key Marcus Smart was on the missed FT by Turner? Completely moved Timofy under the basket and out of a clear rebound, and subsequently made him fumble it out of bounds.

Key play by Marcus. That play gave us another shot. It's those little KG-like plays that help.

Great shot by AB and nice win by BOS.

We're now tied for fourth with ATL.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 06:05:13 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Thank u Celtics for the early birthday present ;D

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 07:00:35 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149

here's a better view of where he was.  2:47 before the play started.  3:21 as well after the shot went in.  He didn't move.

Letting his players enjoy the hard-fought win. I'm sure he's proud of his team, but he's a low-key coach. Love the guy.

Did anyone see in this clip how key Marcus Smart was on the missed FT by Turner? Completely moved Timofy under the basket and out of a clear rebound, and subsequently made him fumble it out of bounds.

Key play by Marcus. That play gave us another shot. It's those little KG-like plays that help.

What I don't understand is that after the game Tommy kept saying Marcus was holding Mozgov's hand. Looking at the film it appears to be the other way around. If Mozgov didn't grab Marcus' hand maybe he would have had the rebound.  It does appear Marcus may have grabbed at Mozgov's arm on the way down, but if he did, it wasn't enough contact to hinder Mozgov's movement. 

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 08:35:13 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

What I don't understand is that after the game Tommy kept saying Marcus was holding Mozgov's hand. Looking at the film it appears to be the other way around. If Mozgov didn't grab Marcus' hand maybe he would have had the rebound.  It does appear Marcus may have grabbed at Mozgov's arm on the way down, but if he did, it wasn't enough contact to hinder Mozgov's movement.

That's one of many things so promising about Marcus Smart, to me. He's ALREADY making VETERAN plays in his second year. :)

Last year? He'd probably do too much on that play, get noticed by the refs and game over for us? Fast forward to now?

Smart move by him, truly.

He is a STRONG young fella. Timofy isn't a small guy either, but he got up under the 7 footer and rooted him out of there, lol

IMO rookie mistake by Coach Lue, as well. I don't believe that Tristan would've been as easy to move as Timofy was. But I saw him being substituted out of there by Lue.

The Payton comparisons? He is and will be physically stronger than Gary Payton.

But great play by CBS. He has too many tricks up his sleeve. BOS will be a dangerous foe in the playoffs.

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 09:01:41 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think smart was actually trying to foul mozgov.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 09:14:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
CBS = a vulcan.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 09:38:22 AM »

Offline notbillsimmons

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
You can see his reaction or "non reaction" on this instagram video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBbgqETRh7n/

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 09:45:27 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
CBS = a vulcan.
Or a Terminator advance scout from the post Skynet future. Him and Bill Belichick

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 09:59:44 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 10:23:46 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
http://www.nba.com/celtics/video/originals/postgame-bradley-one-on-one-020516

Here's Brad talking about it...and if you look through all of the mobbing Celtics around 1:05...you can see Brad is NOT EVEN MOVING!

He's amazing!

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 11:05:07 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
https://youtu.be/pLOfYLgvrLs

5 Tp's to anyone that can find The Stevens reaction. It was the first thing I looked for Live. Wanted to see if the Poker Player flinched, but In true Stevens Wizardry, he was completely unseen.

Going through those highlights...Lebron talks a good game but he gave ET a couple very easy layups with no D.

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 11:07:44 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
You can see his reaction or "non reaction" on this instagram video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBbgqETRh7n/

TP Bill Simmons, and I owe you more. Brad is a robot. Unreal Composure!

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 04:41:43 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

He didn't pump his fist or anything. I'm shocked. WHo made this guy? What Lab was he created in? A true gift from the Basketball Gods Thank you Danny.