Author Topic: Evan Turner  (Read 3286 times)

Re: Evan Turner
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
if he could shoot threes he would be an allstar and he wouldnt even be on our team

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I bet Danny would give him a 4 year, $30million contract.

And that would be perfectly reasonable.

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 10:49:19 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
if he could shoot threes he would be an allstar and he wouldnt even be on our team

But he can't and never has been able to and most likely never will.  Which is why he is on our team:  expectations for him to be an off-ball scorer at the 2/3 were stupid.  He is a point-forward and arguable one of the best in the league at it.

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 11:01:21 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He's a versatile guy, but he's the worst player in the regular rotation.  He should be coming off the bench and people are nuts if they want to give him a long term deal that pays him like a starter.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 11:16:40 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
ET really gets a bad rap from a lot of people on this site. He's not a bad player and he seems to have found his niche. He's valuable to the C's right now as he can handle the ball and, outside of IT4, he's the only other player on the roster who can actually create his own shot. Clearly, he has limitations (i.e. 3 pt shot], but he's a big part of this team and plays valuable minutes. CBS has been able to get the most out of him. If the guy could shoot the 3, he'd be a all star type player.

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 12:22:35 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I bet Danny would give him a 4 year, $30million contract.

And that would be perfectly reasonable.

ET is the man, I'd go up to 40.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 12:29:14 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
He's a versatile guy, but he's the worst player in the regular rotation.  He should be coming off the bench and people are nuts if they want to give him a long term deal that pays him like a starter.

Cap is about to explode. 10M a year will be bench money in 2 years.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 12:49:50 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
I've always liked ET.  He can do a lot of things out there.  He can play the point, shooting guard and small forward.  His all around game is a luxury to have coming off the bench.  I'm definitely on board with giving him 4/$32M.

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 03:12:52 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 03:59:37 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
ET is an elite interview.

Maybe the best since Bill "Spaceman" Lee back in the day.

Good point.  I find Turner to be entertaining on and off the court.  Some of what he does is flat out unbelievable, mostly in a good way.  Love having Turner on the team and I hope that he stays.

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2016, 04:08:14 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
do the Celtics even realize the gem they have in this second overall pick coming off the bench? He is the only Celtic not named Thomas that can get to any spot he wants on the court. He has incredible handles. We cannot trade this guy!!!

Do you think Ainge went after him for his health ?  Of course they realize it, that's why he's succeeding in their system.  They are actually using him the correct way, unlike other teams that love to tank-a-thon.

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2016, 08:47:57 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
ET is an elite interview.

Maybe the best since Bill "Spaceman" Lee back in the day.

Good point.  I find Turner to be entertaining on and off the court.  Some of what he does is flat out unbelievable, mostly in a good way.  Love having Turner on the team and I hope that he stays.

Agree.  Unbelievable that a guy with his ego and the ability to get his shot off at any time would be a pass-first player.

Don't particularly love him as a person, but he plays the game the right way.

Thoroughly impressed with his defense recently.  Especially seems to step up against bigger name opponents (loved watching butt heads with LeBron).  The funny interviews are icing on the cake.

Between the "swagger" of Turner, IT, Smart, and Crowder, I think we have the confidence to hang in there with any of the top teams.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale