Author Topic: Evan Turner  (Read 3276 times)

Re: Evan Turner
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 12:04:19 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Always loved his versatility and am on record that we should keep him if he wants in the Crowder, IT, AB range. His rebounding has always been very underrated and he certainly can get where he wants. People talk about his consistency, but our whole team is inconsistent [offensively] besides IT.

Way to go ET!

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 12:32:33 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Let him have a couple bad games and the bashers and the trade talk will return. It's too bad because he plays well most of the time. I think some posters expect players to be superstars every night. Although to their credit in some games his passing is totally bewildering. 

I'm expecting the Celtics will offer him a 4-5 year deal between $8-11 million. If they don't do it someone else will.   

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 04:19:02 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Let's roll with this team...minimal trades....if Danny could somehow get Kyle Freaking Korver----we could find ourselves in the ECF at the least-!

Korver's kinda cooked of late. He's on my fantasy team.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 04:28:14 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
His slowish old-man game reminds me a little bit of Pierce.

Love ET, and 4 years 32 million might look like an absolute bargain two years from now...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 05:19:33 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Let him have a couple bad games and the bashers and the trade talk will return. It's too bad because he plays well most of the time. I think some posters expect players to be superstars every night. Although to their credit in some games his passing is totally bewildering. 

I'm expecting the Celtics will offer him a 4-5 year deal between $8-11 million. If they don't do it someone else will.
It's not a couple bad games -- a couple bad plays and the haters are out in force.  Ive said all along that ET gives and takes but overall he's a benefit to the team.  That said, if recent play has bumped his value a bit, I'd be very much OK if he's included in a trade for a talent ( gallinari for instance ). 

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 07:20:31 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
ET is an elite interview.

Maybe the best since Bill "Spaceman" Lee back in the day.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 07:33:02 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
The thing that amazes me with ET is that he doesn't get caught in the moment. He dribbles that ball behind his back-through the legs-spin move-from right side to left-and one basket like he's alone in the high school gym... he's definitely great teammate and very good player. I like him and it would be cool if he could stay with us for a while, because you don't get very often a second overall pick coming from the bench...guy can play and he probably got us a w last night (if you look at the whole game)....the thing I would like him to improve is three point shot (or to take less of them) and careless turnovers at the center of the court...overall he's a keeper. 

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 08:06:30 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I love Turner. I loved him last year. Where have all the Turner haters gone? If we had a poll I am sure he was the number one guy that "had to go" after last year based on this forum. Thank god Danny doesn't make his moves based on this forum. I am almost at the point where I have no idea on how to improve the team. Now I know there could be many great additions to this team but the chemistry is amazing. You can't even take Zeller out of the lineup anymore. He needs to play. The only player that really needs to go is Lee. And that's not because he is disruptive or bad for the team but he needs to go because he really should play somewhere. He is that good offensively if he got a chance. I know it's not here and I have no idea what we could get for him + (who?).

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 08:17:56 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I still think he's a role player that hogs the ball. It's one game. People are just overreacting because it was Cleveland. Watch him get embarrassed in the playoffs when teams go 100%.

Also his stats suck...

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 09:03:40 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Here's the and one against Mozgov

https://vine.co/v/iJlrxLWrHnb

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 09:23:55 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Besides the positives, and sometimes the negatives of his game, Turner is one of a handful of Celtic that do not get intimidated, no matter who the opponent is, or who he's asked to cover. For better or worse, he plays his "attack" type of game.

Some of our bigs could take a lesson from him.

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
Turner is a good player, solid rotation, fringe starter of a contending team.  I would be very open to trading him though if we could get a younger version of him.

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Turner is a good player, solid rotation, fringe starter of a contending team.  I would be very open to trading him though if we could get a younger version of him.
Agreed.

I would add that just because a guy was picked second by Philadelphia and performed like a late first or early second rounder doesnt make it his fault. He has a been a victim of the ridiculous expectations and hype machine. I am very happy that he found a home with us but I would trade him in a heartbeat if he helped net us a big upgrade.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 09:39:53 AM »

Offline notbillsimmons

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
Logo just doing logo things.

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
He's not that old, so trading for a younger version only makes sense if you're tanking.  He does still have the worst RPM of any of the regulars, so I'm not hoisting him up onto a pedestal just yet.  Great performance last night though.