Author Topic: Fansided - The Relentless growth of Jae Crowder  (Read 3844 times)

Fansided - The Relentless growth of Jae Crowder
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:04:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Fansided - The Relentless growth of Jae Crowder
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:18:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There was a nice little stretch (similar to Bradley's November) that Crowder's offense was pretty phenomenal.  He was averaging 17+ with 37% from three.   If he kept that up, in conjunction with his defense, he'd be on an all-star trajectory.  That's when you had folks around here start saying he was untouchable and that they wouldn't trade him for Kevin Love.

I think he's cooled off a little since then.  Still playing really well, but his offensive production has dipped a bit over the past 6 games.  Hopefully he gets back on the allstar track, but I still think there's a chance he's the second coming of James Posey.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I had forgotten that Jae Crowder and Tyler Zeller had been traded for each other on draft night 2012. Pretty cool coincidence.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
A lot of people talk about the IT acquisition but it was the addition of Crowder (and the subtraction of Rondo) that really changed this franchise.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
A lot of people talk about the IT acquisition but it was the addition of Crowder (and the subtraction of Rondo) that really changed this franchise.

TP.....that nails it .

Dallas ...throught the grass was greener on the other side ..found out different .

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 11:33:56 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Crowder was the best player in the Rondo deal. I think his recent cool down might have to do with that shin/calf injury he was dealing with. I'd lean to sitting him a few games just to get him right but I think he's trying to gut it out until the all star break. He's basically the only SF on the roster.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Crowder was the best player in the Rondo deal. I think his recent cool down might have to do with that shin/calf injury he was dealing with. I'd lean to sitting him a few games just to get him right but I think he's trying to gut it out until the all star break. He's basically the only SF on the roster.
Hope that's true about the injuries cooling him off, but it just might be that he was playing beyond his level for a couple months.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 03:13:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Hope that's true about the injuries cooling him off, but it just might be that he was playing beyond his level for a couple months.
i guess we will know in another season or three.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 03:40:16 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Very well could be the case. He was great in January. It's hard to play better than he was. But when you take into consideration all that he does, his contract, and his leadership role on the team, it's really hard to argue against how great of a bargain he is. And to think he is locked up for the next few years at like 7 million per. It also helps that he is an easy player to root for due to his playing style/personality.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
There was a nice little stretch (similar to Bradley's November) that Crowder's offense was pretty phenomenal.  He was averaging 17+ with 37% from three.   If he kept that up, in conjunction with his defense, he'd be on an all-star trajectory.  That's when you had folks around here start saying he was untouchable and that they wouldn't trade him for Kevin Love.

I think he's cooled off a little since then.  Still playing really well, but his offensive production has dipped a bit over the past 6 games.  Hopefully he gets back on the allstar track, but I still think there's a chance he's the second coming of James Posey.

He's also gone through a stretch recently in which he got quite sick and also playing hurt.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 04:43:45 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
its pretty amazing when most here(myself included) thought he was just a throwaway in the Dallas trade with Rondo. and now he is playing some inspired basketball and has become a player I never thought he was or could be.

pretty impressive that ainge has gotten two backbone players in Thomas(now an allstar calibar guard) and Crowder for basically nothing.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like Crowder.   I think he is a big part of the team and one of the core members of our defense.   He even caused James to be 9-23 from the field, 0-5 from three and the league felt the need to subsidize him with 17 foul shots.   I hope he is part of us going forward, Ainge signed him at a great rate.

I think we need to get one star big that can score.   I hope we get a superstar with the Brooklyn pick.

We have found another solid player to add to our core with Crowder.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 05:17:24 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I've been back and forth on this issue but this guy is one player I won't trade for just any superstar.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 05:31:58 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
"Hope that's true about the injuries cooling him off, but it just might be that he was playing beyond his level for a couple months."

Not everyone can have as great a roster as the 76ers?  ::)

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I like Crowder.   I think he is a big part of the team and one of the core members of our defense.   He even caused James to be 9-23 from the field, 0-5 from three and the league felt the need to subsidize him with 17 foul shots.   I hope he is part of us going forward, Ainge signed him at a great rate.

I think we need to get one star big that can score.   I hope we get a superstar with the Brooklyn pick.

We have found another solid player to add to our core with Crowder.

Love Bae and I hope we keep him!

Take away the 5 3s and James was 9/18 (50% for season). He had been terrible from 3 all season (26% & he takes 4 per) I think they said he hadn't made one in a few games. When he went for it, he got anywhere he wanted. He was gifted fouls but that's on par with his entire career.

It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)