Author Topic: Mollycoddling Lebron  (Read 2787 times)

Mollycoddling Lebron
« on: February 05, 2016, 02:47:58 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I can't stand to watch us play Cleveland.
I am so sick of the refs mollycoddling Lebron.
He travels every time he makes a move, and the refs allow him to commit offensive foul after offensive foul. It's a disgrace.

Lebron once went FIVE GAMES without a foul being called on him.

Re: Mollycoddling Lebron
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 03:41:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LOL....that's the NBA .......the more they try to control it ....the more it becomes more,like NASCAR and Professional Wrestling ...LOL

LeBron expects the refs to,help him win the game .....soooooo he can be a GREAT star and earn the TV , NBA , big business tons tons of millions of dollars out of making him a hero to the weak of mind .

In a couple years ....he'll look older and the appeal will fade ......LeBron is wearing old with a lot of us at this point ...

I'm ready for him to go the way of Kobe ...LOL

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I like the word mollycoddling more than  gerrymandering but not quite as much as lollygagging.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I just wish they'd call it fair both ways. They get away with murder when they play us mug the hell out of us and when we're physical with them it's a foul
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm with you. I'm usually pretty excited the whole day that there is a C's game on that night, but I just know how frustrating it's going to be tonight to watch them get away with murder while we're called for ticky-tack crap all night.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
he usually does what Harden does, a gather dribble and then two steps. In that case, he travels less than what is apparent.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I can't stand to watch us play Cleveland.
I am so sick of the refs mollycoddling Lebron.
He travels every time he makes a move, and the refs allow him to commit offensive foul after offensive foul. It's a disgrace.

Lebron once went FIVE GAMES without a foul being called on him.

I agree 100%. And I fully understand I will get a steady diet of it in tonights game. It's the reason I have no respect for him...his continual complaining, crying and intimidating is a black mark on the NBA.

His first complaint, Tee the bum up!

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Usain Bolt did the Lebron dunk a couple of years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUHzgJxexcM

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 05:50:27 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
After some of the calls the last couple games I expect the calls tonight to be way over the top. he will start complaining from the very first drive. I would love to see Brad fly off the handle early tonight and get Teed up, to maybe make the officials rethink this LeBron bull crap!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 08:27:55 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Lebron takes 7 steps, no traveling but a non existent foul called on the Celtics....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsl36MnOqY

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 08:15:06 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I never could understand why the NBA refs give the best players the most calls for and the least calls against. If they are the best they don't "need" the calls. That is the most frustrating part of the NBA game. I cannot believe they actually called LeBaby for 2 offensive fouls last night. That has to be a first. I wish there was an easy way to see how many times the "best" players fouled out of games. Has LeBaby ever fouled out? When Melo fouled out against the Celts I was waiting to hear that it was the 1st time in his career but they didn't say it so I am guessing he has fouled out before. Has Durant or Harden ever fouled out? CP3?

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 09:42:46 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
I never could understand why the NBA refs give the best players the most calls for and the least calls against. If they are the best they don't "need" the calls. That is the most frustrating part of the NBA game. I cannot believe they actually called LeBaby for 2 offensive fouls last night. That has to be a first. I wish there was an easy way to see how many times the "best" players fouled out of games. Has LeBaby ever fouled out? When Melo fouled out against the Celts I was waiting to hear that it was the 1st time in his career but they didn't say it so I am guessing he has fouled out before. Has Durant or Harden ever fouled out? CP3?

While top players often get the calls, I have never seen the refs treat anyone the way they do Lebron.
Lebron punched Marcus Smart in the face, and then complained when an offensive foul was called. Unbelievable.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

While top players often get the calls, I have never seen the refs treat anyone the way they do Lebron.
Lebron punched Marcus Smart in the face, and then complained when an offensive foul was called. Unbelievable.

I thought the calls last night were reasonable.  They did call two offensive fouls on Lebron, including the one you refer to.  Of course he complained, but at least they made the call.  They also took away his 3 on the foul on Mozgov, which really surprised me. 

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The NBA has always subsized Queen LeBroid.

Off night tons of FTAs

Free travels

Allowed to goal tend and pin balls on backboard no one else is

You can bet your lucky stars, the league mandated this from the top down.   It has been consistent for much of his career.   It is not LeBron's fault.   But I do think the league likes to help greatness along sometimes.   

The thing he would have been great without the help and this stuff and his complaining about calls make a lot of folks sour on him.

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He did several of his crying and pleding acts last night .   Seeing a professional 6 8 " man whining and acting like a spoiled 9 year old is just appalling to me.

You take the call by the official and move on down the court ......while he is crying , the other team is moving to score , now,he has to catch up to the play , he was busy whining and his team suffers.

He allowed to get away with way too many obvious fouls , travels , illegal moves ,  you name it .

He is very manageable ...IF the refs call the game equal and not give him 90 % of the calls .