Author Topic: Danny Ainge says he won’t be afraid to deal Brooklyn pick  (Read 4555 times)

Re: Danny Ainge says he won’t be afraid to deal Brooklyn pick
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 09:14:23 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
If Ainge dealt Lee and picks to Brooklyn for Lopez tomorrow I'm still not sure I could live with that or how it fits in the big picture of things.  That's at least worth thinking about in some ways but still gives me a headache.  Isaiah and Lopez on the same team. Two frankensteins. Taunto so confused.

We have Zeller.  Jerebko. Turner etc. Another Frankenstein wouldn't hurt I guess........ We seem to like these kind of players so who knows.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:33:10 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 10:36:26 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If Utah offers me Gobert and Hayward for the Brooklyn pick, I'd hang up the phone.

Love this. So not only would you not accept this absurdly one-sided deal for the Celtics, but you'd choose to insult whoever was stupid enough to make such an offer by literally hanging up the phone upon hearing it? Like: "How dare you make me such a spectacularly great offer. Don't ever call here again!"
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 04:04:21 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
“Sure. The Brooklyn pick could be had for the right person,” Ainge noted. “It’€™s going to be a costly price, as it would be for some of our best players. Look, we’€™re not looking to trade the Brooklyn pick, but at the same time, I could certainly see some things that we would do for the Brooklyn pick. And they wouldn’€™t be taking risks.

“We value [the Brooklyn pick]. Even the chance, even a small chance to get a very talented player is worth [keeping the pick] because you have some chance. And you can’€™t just give up a chance to get a really good player unless [it’s] for another really good player.”

Ainge added, “It would have to be, certainly, a very good player. And also it probably wouldn’t be someone in their 30s. That would have to be a good young player because again, even if we had a 5 percent or a 10 percent or a 15 percent chance at one of the top picks in the draft, that’€™s worth keeping.”

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2016/02/05/danny-ainge-says-he-wont-be-afraid-to-deal-brooklyn-pick/

My reading of this, and knowing how Ainge disguises his true intentions, is that it is extremely unlikely the pick gets traded.

(Sully on the other hand, is very likely to be gone by the end of the trade season)

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 04:23:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade all the nets picks for AD....be done with it.

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
If Utah offers me Gobert and Hayward for the Brooklyn pick, I'd hang up the phone.

Love this. So not only would you not accept this absurdly one-sided deal for the Celtics, but you'd choose to insult whoever was stupid enough to make such an offer by literally hanging up the phone upon hearing it? Like: "How dare you make me such a spectacularly great offer. Don't ever call here again!"

Seriously... I don't think I'd deal the pick straight up for Hayward but for Hayward and Gobert... We'd be legit contenders...

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 04:59:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lopez's health scares me.

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 06:47:24 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Lopez's health scares me.

Why? He'd never be traded for one of the BKN picks.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If OKC was sure that Durant was leaving, do you think they would be interested in a package for Westbrook that included Smart and/or IT and the BKN pick. Seems like a great way for them to re-tool if they lost one of the NBA's top three players.

I'd also gladly take Ibaka off their hands for additional players and picks, but now I am just being greedy.