Author Topic: Simmons vs Buddy Hield (LSU vs OKLAHOMA). Wow.  (Read 1911 times)

Simmons vs Buddy Hield (LSU vs OKLAHOMA). Wow.
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:37:20 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
For those that missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSFYVKH1rY

Simmons is good. Buddy Hield is amazing. He's been shooting like this all year.
Can he be his good vs bigger, stronger NBA athletes?

Can't see him falling out of top 10.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:12:00 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Simmons vs Buddy Hield (LSU vs OKLAHOMA ST). Wow.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 01:39:56 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Not Oklahoma State.  ;)

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Simmons vs Buddy Hield (LSU vs OKLAHOMA ST). Wow.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 02:12:13 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Simmons vs Buddy Hield (LSU vs OKLAHOMA). Wow.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:14:22 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Wow, TP! That got me excited for the draft!

A couple observations:

1) Hield reminds me a lot of Hunter, especially his shot. If he keeps shooting like he's been lately or have anymore huge scoring outbursts like he had a couple of weeks ago, he won't last past mid-lottery. Just think, if luck is on our side we could potentially draft BOTH of those guys. Crazy.

2) Simmons reminds me a lot of Griffin, too, but with better overall handles/passing and less of a post game. A lot of people are talking about him as a three or a wing, but I just don't see it. He's the next coming of a small-ball 4/Griffin type. I'm not too fond of his shot, either. Didn't know he was a lefty, though! That's pretty interesting and should help him in the long-term since it's so rare, especially for bigs.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 03:17:15 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
For those that missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMSFYVKH1rY

Simmons is good. Buddy Hield is amazing. He's been shooting like this all year.
Can he be his good vs bigger, stronger NBA athletes?

Can't see him falling out of top 10.

I keep saying it - Buddy Hield.  :)

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 03:24:39 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
What do you guys think of Georges Niang? I've seen him play a bit over the past few years and I've liked him. He and Hield went head to head recently, a nice 2 seniors matchup.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rbEt0Zx7Jrk

Sorry, no intention to derail thread from original topic!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 05:34:26 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
TP, that was exciting! Hield looks good, you could see him coming off screens and being set very quickly.
Simmons is different though, watching him you can't help but think "wow". He's got a high BBIQ, he's able to be in the right place to make an impact on each play plus he has great size and athleticism.
I keep seeing clips of him and Ingram and flipping between the two but Simmons seems to have that raw instinct that sets the best players apart.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
TP, that was exciting! Hield looks good, you could see him coming off screens and being set very quickly.
Simmons is different though, watching him you can't help but think "wow". He's got a high BBIQ, he's able to be in the right place to make an impact on each play plus he has great size and athleticism.
I keep seeing clips of him and Ingram and flipping between the two but Simmons seems to have that raw instinct that sets the best players apart.

I agree with you about Simmons.  It's his BBIQ that stands out to me the most.  He sees plays developing before other players do.  That's a very special talent.  It kind of reminds me of Bird.  Being 6'10" and athletic with excellent body control of course helps too. 

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 06:56:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I agree with you about Simmons.  It's his BBIQ that stands out to me the most.  He sees plays developing before other players do.  That's a very special talent.  It kind of reminds me of Bird.  Being 6'10" and athletic with excellent body control of course helps too.
I wish I'd been alive when Bird was playing (born in 1990). All the video I've seen of him exemplifies everything I think a basketball player should be. Everything a sports athlete should be! I'm gutted that I'll never get to experience his magic, I do hope that one day there will be someone as unique as him that I can watch in person