Author Topic: 2016 NBA Draft Big Board 1.0  (Read 4051 times)

Re: 2016 NBA Draft Big Board 1.0
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 03:37:25 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Tp, well done. Think your big board is relatively standard but strategic in what you value. Is this strictly from a Boston perspective or the draft as a whole?

First, not sure what Jamal Murray did to you but whatever it must have been serious to drop a consensus top 6 pick under the two unproven euro league standouts. Can't see it. He's far a guaranteed stud but personally think he's more James Harden than Lou Williams and the NBA game will bring out his skill.

Think your a bit harsh on Ellenson he's no Ibaka but his wingspan and effort should be able give him a fairly stout presance on defense. Maybe like an Aldridge, not a stopper but won't kill  you either and will tire out his matchup on offense.

Finally Brown, I've got him below Dunn myself. From what I've heard he has the athleticism of Westbrook and a temperment more like Hibbert or Willey Caulie Stein.  Mike Schmitz of Draft express recently said on realgm radio that interviews will be important for his draft stock. He said that while Brown's a bright kid he has a lot of interest outside of basketball and might have to prove how devoted he is to being a franchise player and not just another athlete.

Just my takes, again nice work.

Murray- I'm not sure he's been a consensus top 6 pick since the preseason. From what I've seen, he can't do anything but score. However, he does that one thing pretty well, making him a decent, but not great prospect.

Ellenson- I like Ellenson, but I doubt he'll ever be a great defender. I love healthy Sully as a comp for him though. They both use natural rebounding abiltiy and large wingspans to dominate the boards and have versatile offensive games. Both struggle more and more as they get closer to the three point line, but the potential is clear. If he starts to shoot better, I could definitely see him rising up my board (I also see him being picked pretty early as I think he'd be a great fit in Minnesota).

Brown- Dunn and Brown are on the same tier for me. I like them both, but I'd be more willing to take a shot on Brown at three. He's raw, but the ceiling is there. As for his intelligence, I think there's value to a well-rounded individual (ex. Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli).

I appreciate the feedback, TP!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 04:14:23 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think if we could get simmons and skai with the draft it would be awaysome

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 05:05:15 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter