Author Topic: Zhou Qi  (Read 1797 times)

Zhou Qi
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:31:52 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Is he worth a look with a mid first rounder?

Re: Zhou Qi
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Ive seen a lot of him and no, not impressed. He is athletic and long, but he appears to be softer than Yi and has even fewer moves.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:12:04 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Mid first rounder, No. Top of the second round.

Rather have Jeanne though.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:18:39 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Ive seen a lot of him and no, not impressed. He is athletic and long, but he appears to be softer than Yi and has even fewer moves.

I disagree on that and think he has actual offensive skills.  He's putting up decent numbers in China which isn't as good as the NCAA, but it's still against grown men.  He needs to put on a ton of weight, but I think he could be a slightly worse KO. That's not bad compared to the guys being drafted around him.  He's a total multi year stash, though.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:21:10 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

I disagree on that and think he has actual offensive skills.  He's putting up decent numbers in China which isn't as good as the NCAA, but it's still against grown men.  He needs to put on a ton of weight, but I think he could be a slightly worse KO. That's not bad compared to the guys being drafted around him.  He's a total multi year stash, though.
thats why i like him, we can stash him in china or the weight room for a few years.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 11:04:37 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm actually not a big fan of drafting players from China...aren't they obligated to play in China for the summer (if there is a league or world tournament?)...like they don't even have a choice

And also, the past Chinese players drafted straight from China - Yao, Yi that had decent skills also has injury problems no? I'd pass on Zhou

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 01:03:18 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I think this team is going to be too based on chemistry to risk throwing a native Chinese player in the mix. They would need to be a Yao level prospect to devote the kind of resources it would take to assimilate them into your team concept.

Think that's why Yi never really stuck, he just wasn't worth the effort.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 01:06:54 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
All our picks except for the Nets pick should be draft and stash.

Qi, Jeanne, Korkmaz, Bender (if he slips), Hernangomez.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 09:51:28 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Absolutely. I'm not sure why Qi (and Jeanne, who's a similar prospect) isn't getting significant consideration for the lottery. 7'2 with a 7'7 wingspan. Super coordinated, long strides, very mobile for his size. Not a lot of bounce, but he can still be a great shotblocker with his length + timing. But the thing is that he has a lot of natural skill. He has a nice post-up game, really knows how to use his length to mitigate his lack of girth. He's a very good mid-range shooter, with signs of hitting the 3, as well. A good handle for his size. He can be a real threat from the mid and high post.