Author Topic: Shakeup coming in MIL?  (Read 19423 times)

Re: Shakeup coming in MIL?
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2016, 03:57:35 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Agree, unfortunately it seems like the market for Monroe hasn't been high as they expected, and hes on an favorable contract when comparing what others players inferior to him will be getting the max or more.
You can't get more than max. That's why it is called 'max'.

« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2016, 04:25:50 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I'm really not sold on Parker. He looked so unaware and normal today against the Bucks. 33 mins, 1-6, 4 rebs, 0 assists, 0 steals, 4 fouls.

Jeff Green looks like his ceiling to me.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2016, 05:22:29 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I'm really not sold on Parker. He looked so unaware and normal today against the Bucks. 33 mins, 1-6, 4 rebs, 0 assists, 0 steals, 4 fouls.

Jeff Green looks like his ceiling to me.

Hopefully we can land Parker for a Jeff Green price tag, like Rozier and a 1st rounder.
- LilRip

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2016, 07:10:04 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I like Moose for Lee, Sully and Dallas 2016 pick.

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2016, 11:11:05 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
After Giannis, the player I'd want most from that Bucks team is Parker. He's still practically a rookie. I don't know why so many on this board have given up on him. Well, hopefully the Bucks GM thinks the same as most of you guys do. Would AB+Sully+Dallas 2016 1st+Boston future 1st+2 2nd rounders do?

A tweener who can't defend either forward position and doesn't shoot well so far in the NBA.  I don't like players with that skill set.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2016, 11:13:43 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
http://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/bucks-beat-is-a-major-shakeup-coming/article_5c355e2d-58f8-554e-b6d6-1f5716f7fa3e.html

Clearly, the pieces to the Bucks’ puzzle aren’t fitting. Several league officials said they would be surprised if the Bucks didn't make a major trade.

“From what I’m hearing is they (the Bucks) are willing to trade anybody not named Parker, Antetokounmpo or Middleton,’’ an NBA executive said. “I even heard they'd listen (to offers) for Parker and Middleton, but it would have to be some crazy offer.

"They want to do something; they know they have to do something. That group they have isn’t working.’’

Is it me or is the entire basketball world completely overrating Jason Kidd as a coach?

« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I really wouldn't be interested in any player other than Giannis. 1. Because he's Greek (like me) and 2. Because he has insane skills and potential. That being said, MIL would have to be be incredibly stupid to trade him away. I don't rate Parker very much nor Monroe.

« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2016, 11:27:50 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I really wouldn't be interested in any player other than Giannis. 1. Because he's Greek (like me) and 2. Because he has insane skills and potential. That being said, MIL would have to be be incredibly stupid to trade him away. I don't rate Parker very much nor Monroe.
MCW and J.Parker are holding back Giannis' development.

Giannis would be playing much better on a team with superior floor spacing.

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Monroe has the Jeff Green motor .  All the skill in the world ......but only turns it on sporadically .

Sully plays with more energy on a consistent basis ...even tho he is less gifted  than Monroe

Parker has left me ...meh ....unimpressed since his Duke departure......not sure if he will climb the hill after the injury .  He seems lost ...not sure he has " the drive " to susceed.

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
MCW and J.Parker are holding back Giannis' development.

Giannis would be playing much better on a team with superior floor spacing.
Agreed. MIL is Giannis' team now. They should trade Parker and try to get some shooting back.

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Monroe has the Jeff Green motor .  All the skill in the world ......but only turns it on sporadically .

Sully plays with more energy on a consistent basis ...even tho he is less gifted  than Monroe

Parker has left me ...meh ....unimpressed since his Duke departure......not sure if he will climb the hill after the injury .  He seems lost ...not sure he has " the drive " to susceed.

How can you say this?  Have you followed Monroe at all??  He is on of the most consistent double double producers in the league in the last several years!!  He is very consistent with those numbers.

Jeff Green was VERY INCONSISTENT!!!  And still is for that matter.

Smitty77

« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2016, 11:57:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I like Moose for Lee, Sully and Dallas 2016 pick.

So do I. 

« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2016, 01:38:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

How can you say this?  Have you followed Monroe at all??  He is on of the most consistent double double producers in the league in the last several years!!  He is very consistent with those numbers.

Jeff Green was VERY INCONSISTENT!!!  And still is for that matter.

Smitty77

In terms of ability to score,, rebounding, and lack of defense, he's basically close to the same value as a slightly younger David Lee and probably as good of a fit on the Celtics under Stevens.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2016, 01:53:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't see Greg Monroe as much of an upgrade over our other power forwards. 

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2016, 02:28:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't see Greg Monroe as much of an upgrade over our other power forwards.

Offensively, he would be an upgrade over our present C.   He is a better shooter at .52% over the .42% of Sully.   He is a slightly better rebounder and he is a decent FT shooter.  Big time upgrade in PER.

Defensively, is what scares me about him.

but if we got him, he would be our C.