Author Topic: Shakeup coming in MIL?  (Read 19555 times)

Re: Shakeup coming in MIL?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 03:23:59 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I would love to trade for Jabari but it would take a lot

Why? What evidence is there at all that he's going to be a good professional basketball player?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 03:39:29 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

Why? What evidence is there at all that he's going to be a good professional basketball player?
He missed most of last year with a serious injury so this is almost still his rookie year. He was great in college, consensus number 2 or 3 prospect at the time. I think he is going to be really good some day.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 03:40:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Not too long ago people said the same thing (that it would take a lot) about Derrick Williams and Evan Turner - values change. This is his 2nd year, he still has a lot of promise, but the Bucks are probably going to get a lot less in a trade than if they dealt the #2 pick on draft night.

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The premise is stupid, because part of the problem is that Middleton, Parker and Ante all are small forwards. ...
Sort of the same problem the Sixers have at Center as a result of Hinkie's mismanagement?

In any case, the MCW-Knight switch was a big mistake and I believe that happened due to Kidd. Team has definitely under-performed given the talent there.

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2016, 03:43:38 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
The premise is stupid, because part of the problem is that Middleton, Parker and Ante all are small forwards. ...
Sort of the same problem the Sixers have at Center as a result of Hinkie's mismanagement?

In any case, the MCW-Knight switch was a big mistake and I believe that happened due to Kidd. Team has definitely under-performed given the talent there.
Maybe Philadelphia and Milwaukee could make a trade happen. They already did with MCW maybe they could trade again with each other

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2016, 03:48:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Does Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, and a non-2016 BRK pick count as a "crazy offer" for Jabari Parker?  I think I'd do that.
I don't see Sully having much value.

And I think the Bucks reject the rest of that trade. Not enough.

Yeah, probably right.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 03:50:33 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Really. He's a one dimensional player who's marginal at that dimension.

The notion of the BKLN pick plus Smart is laughable. I can understand the Bucks wanting to keep him considering they invested the 2nd pick in the draft on him, but the guy is overrated due to that fact.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I would start with maybe?

Lee (salary dump)
Rozier (they need a PG unlike MCW and Ennis hasn't shown much)
Sullinger (time for us to move on if we acquire a big man)
+ pick(s), non-Brooklyn

Milwaukee can shake up their lineup and try something more like:

MCW / Middleton / Giannis / Sullinger / Henson
+
Rozier / Parker / Plumlee

And we look like:

Thomas / Bradley / Crowder / Johnson / Monroe
+
Smart / Olynyk / Turner / Jerebko (Young, Hunter, Mickey)

lee rozier, sully and a pick for greg monroe?
have to think about that one.

monroe definitely gives us the back to the basket center Ainge is rumored to want.
we don't give up any rebounding
he can run the floor much better than most men his size.
he doesn't block shots but his defensive ratings are pretty good.

he doesn't seem to pair well with johnson but would work well with oly (and possibly Mickey)

i'd make that deal provided the pick we send is our own 2016.

I guess CBS would start off with a monroe/Johnson front court and if that doesn't fly he would move johnson to the bench and start Oly.
johnson/ zeller off the bench?

Silver lining is Mickey gets the call up?

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 03:51:56 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Okay, so I see plenty of people offering up Smart and/or Brooklyn picks for Parker. I guess Parker still has the sexy name and cache of being the #2 pick, but I see no reason to deal our prospect who is clearly working out and is already a top defensive player for a player we hope works out.

Look, I would love to have Parker, but if he can't be had at some sort of a bargain, I would rather just wait. Like I said above, other #2s (like Turner, Williams, Beasley, Thabeet, MKG, Milicic, etc) became progressively less expensive after a couple of years, and for good reason.

If we are trading Smart and/or BKN picks, then I want more of a sure thing.

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2016, 03:57:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Sliding Monroe into the Sully role immediately improves us there especially as Silly has forgotten how to make a jump shot. However, it makes it harder to finish building a contender as very few players fit well next to Monroe, who can neither shoot, defend the perimeter, or protect the rim.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
Sliding Monroe into the Sully role immediately improves us there especially as Silly has forgotten how to make a jump shot. However, it makes it harder to finish building a contender as very few players fit well next to Monroe, who can neither shoot, defend the perimeter, or protect the rim.
I'm not a big Monroe fan. I totally agree that it would be hard to fit players with him. I don't feel like he's good enough to like build around and build your team around and change everything you do to suit.

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
At this point, what makes Parker a better prospect than Smart other than being drafted higher?

Great words from a great man

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2016, 04:04:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The premise is stupid, because part of the problem is that Middleton, Parker and Ante all are small forwards.  So if you're shaking it up due to a dysfunctional roster, how can you say, "We'll trade anyone but those 3"...

I mean, it's less that those three guys are small forwards and more that only one of those guys can actually hit a three pointer right now.

Agreed.  I think Middleton's natural position is absolutely at shooting guard.  Parker and Giannis are probably best suited to be small forwards right now, but I actually suspect that the Greek's best long term position might be at the four.  The fact that neither can shoot from deep is definitely a problem.  Their point guard is fairly subpar from three point range as well.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2016, 04:11:53 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Really. He's a one dimensional player who's marginal at that dimension.

The notion of the BKLN pick plus Smart is laughable. I can understand the Bucks wanting to keep him considering they invested the 2nd pick in the draft on him, but the guy is overrated due to that fact.

Nope I don't buy it. You're either trolling or just feeling silly. He's has a crazy complete offensive game for his age that pretty decisively outclassed the rest of the NCAA in an extremely strong draft year. Now at age 20 with less than a season's worth of games under his belt, his performance at the NBA level would put him right in league with a young Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony. You are taking the conventional wisdom about Parker's defensive weakness to an illogical extreme.