Author Topic: Shakeup coming in MIL?  (Read 19526 times)

Re: Shakeup coming in MIL?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 02:43:14 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Seems funny to talk about a "shake-up" but declare 3 of your top 4 players off-limits.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 02:44:28 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
How about Marcus Smart and the Nets 2018 pick for Parker.

Great, so we'd pay Milwaukee a potential top 3 pick two years from now for the privilege of moving up four spots two years ago in order to get a slightly worse prospect. GJGE.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 02:50:11 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would love to trade for Jabari but it would take a lot

I agree that it will take alot to get Jabari. However after seeing what the Cs we willing to give up for Winslow I wouldn't be surprised if DA makes a god father like offer for Parker if he thinks there is any chance he can be had.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h6txt22

Cs offer : AB, Sully, Hunter, 2016 Cs, 2016 Mavs and 2018 Nets pick

Cs receive: Parker and Mayo

I'm not sure if this deal brings the Bucks to the negotiating table or if they hang up.

For the Bucks I think AB is the perfect fit.  They would have a starting five of MCW, AB, Middleton, Giannis and Monroe. Starting AB next to MCW gives them an elite PG defender, Middleton them takes the better of the wings and this effectively hides MCW on D. Sully isnt a great fit behind Monroe and may ultimelty need to be moved to a 3rd team. Adding Hunter and 3 1sts gives them a nice collection of assets for future moves.

For the Cs they gain a player who already has a close relationship with DA and who could hopefully develop into a clear #1 option. He is currently averaging around 11ppg in 28min with the bucks coming off of a ACL injury last season. He is only 20 and I totally expect him to develop into a 20 PPG player especially if he adds a consistent 3pt shot.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The premise is stupid, because part of the problem is that Middleton, Parker and Ante all are small forwards.  So if you're shaking it up due to a dysfunctional roster, how can you say, "We'll trade anyone but those 3"...

I'd love to get Middleton or Parker from them, but I think what they need is a solid defensive big.  They lost a lot of defense this year.  Zaza anchored their defense last year and now they have Parker playing out of position at PF next to a pretty poor defender in Greg Monroe.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 02:59:10 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I agree that it will take alot to get Jabari. However after seeing what the Cs we willing to give up for Winslow I wouldn't be surprised if DA makes a god father like offer for Parker if he thinks there is any chance he can be had.

I'm not sure if this deal brings the Bucks to the negotiating table or if they hang up.

For the Bucks I think AB is the perfect fit.  They would have a starting five of MCW, AB, Middleton, Giannis and Monroe. Starting AB next to MCW gives them an elite PG defender, Middleton them takes the better of the wings and this effectively hides MCW on D. Sully isnt a great fit behind Monroe and may ultimelty need to be moved to a 3rd team. Adding Hunter and 3 1sts gives them a nice collection of assets for future moves.

For the Cs they gain a player who already has a close relationship with DA and who could hopefully develop into a clear #1 option. He is currently averaging around 11ppg in 28min with the bucks coming off of a ACL injury last season. He is only 20 and I totally expect him to develop into a 20 PPG player especially if he adds a consistent 3pt shot.
That trade won't get it done.

Maybe 2016 nets, 2018 nets, Rozier and Mickey

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 03:00:33 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

I like that a lot. The only thing is I'm scared of trading a pick so far in the future in 2018 and I think Milwaukee would also be scared of that.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

It would take the Brooklyn pick plus something else...

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 03:01:53 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I like that a lot. The only thing is I'm scared of trading a pick so far in the future in 2018 and I think Milwaukee would also be scared of that.
Of course you like that trade. Bucks would never go for it.

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 03:05:21 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Of course you like that trade. Bucks would never go for it.
What I mean is I like the players involved, like I like the framework. But as I said I think Milwaukee would not want a pick so far in the future. And I feel the same way. I think Bradley, the 2016 Brooklyn pick and picks/young players would be better

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Does Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, and a non-2016 BRK pick count as a "crazy offer" for Jabari Parker?  I think I'd do that.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
The premise is stupid, because part of the problem is that Middleton, Parker and Ante all are small forwards.  So if you're shaking it up due to a dysfunctional roster, how can you say, "We'll trade anyone but those 3"...

I mean, it's less that those three guys are small forwards and more that only one of those guys can actually hit a three pointer right now.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 03:09:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Does Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, and a non-2016 BRK pick count as a "crazy offer" for Jabari Parker?  I think I'd do that.

No thanks. Smart is the backbone of our defense, next to Crowder. If they want Bradley, maybe a protected Brooklyn Pick in 18 or 17, I'd be down for that.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 03:15:31 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
Jabari has always said he is most comfortable at the 4

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

No thanks. Smart is the backbone of our defense, next to Crowder.

You gotta give to get.  The defense is nice but they'll need to figure out how to get some top scoring options (Jabari is a long way from being one now, but could be some day) if they want to contend.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't see Sully having much value.

And I think the Bucks reject the rest of that trade. Not enough.