Author Topic: We will win 50 games  (Read 3412 times)

Re: We will win 50 games
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
We will win 50 and still have a top 3 pick !! LOL !!!!

Our GM has setup this rebuild perfectly.
I wouldn't want any other GM running this team.

Liar ......you luv Hinky ......your hero
I'm fascinated and a bit jealous of what Philly has done, but there's no GM I'd rather have running this team than Ainge. 

Hinkie set the team up to lose, acquired tons of assets using cap space, and has set that team up for a pretty rapid turnaround... but there's still a ton of question marks about whether Hinkie is capable of turning assets into a contender.  That's why bringing in Colangelo was a solid move by Philly... Hinkie did a great job at stage 1... they need someone who knows how to take the team to stage 2.   Ainge, on the other hand, obviously has a healthy respect for tanking, but also has already proven he knows how to turn assets into a contender.

I don't really see any skill in trading away all assets till you field a team of d-leaguers. Or are you saying that he is skilled like how he handled the media and the Philly faithfull?

Like it seems to me that an old 80's IBM could have done stage 1, just by entering statistics.

I hope it doesn't work just so they don't try to change the draft system and we can all just go back to regular covert tanking.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:29 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Its still possible, but it looks like its going to be in the 45-48 range which I predicted at the start of the year.

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 01:28:34 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
All we need to do is go 20-10.  I think this win should give us some momentum.  The next 11 games look like a semi-easy stretch.

February:
SAC - W
@ MIL - W
LAC - L
@ UTA - W
@ DEN - W
@ MIN - W
MIL - W
MIA - L
UTA - W

March:
POR - W
NYK - W
@ CLE - L
MEM - L
HOU - W
@ IND - W
OKC - L
@ TOR - L
@ PHI - W
ORL - W
TOR - L
@ PHO - W
@ LAC - L
@ POR - W

April:
@ GSW - L
@ LAL - W
NOH - W
MIL - W
@ ATL - L
CHA - W
MIA - W

Basically, all we have to do is win against non-playoff teams and we can lose all our games against playoff teams.  Just do what you're supposed to do and 20-10 should be easy.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale