Author Topic: Will this be enough to get Howard and Gallinari?  (Read 2783 times)

Will this be enough to get Howard and Gallinari?
« on: February 04, 2016, 12:14:09 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Sully+Lee+Nets unprotected  2016 pick plus whatever other picks they want
Amir+whatever is left for Gallinari

Boston keeps the nets 2018 pick and our own.  Everything else is fair game. The same can be said for Horford for that matter.   Do you think Houston, Denver or Atlanta will do this?  Ainge has had interest in Howard and Gallinari for a while I feel. Not sure about the Teague or Horford rumors.

Both these deals match up as far as the numbers though via espn's trade machine.

Both deals also would be assuming these players are going to sign an extension with us.

Re: Will this be enough to get Howard and Gallinari?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 12:27:45 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
 Bradley and Turner or our other young guys can also be swapped for Amir in the Gallinari trade. But the idea  is to get some combination of

Isaiah, Smart,
Bradley or Rozier, Rj or Young
Crowder, Gallo, Turner?
KO, Gallo, Mickey
Howard, Zeller

And keep the nets 2018 pick.  Everything else can go. I prefer howard because of his reboudning over Horford and his defense and blocks by a good margain.  Plus he is a real low post player.  Horford is more well rounded up tempo big ala David Lee but I feel like Howard is the better fit and what we are missing.  Gallinari and Horford are somewhat redundant.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:35:41 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 12:35:14 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
If were putting just about all of our assets in the pot as "fair game", including Smart, Thomas, Crowder, KO, etc. and our next two Brooklyn picks, you'd have to hope we do better than a 30 year old Howard and Gallo right?

Assuming it's just picks, you get:

IT/Bradley/Crowder/Gallo/Howard with

Smart/Turner/Jerebko/Olynyk/Amir or Zeller coming off the bench, or something like it. Gotta figure at least Sully and Lee, plus a prospect or two go out in a trade with the picks.

I'm not so sure that even gets us in the finals the next two years, and if it costs 2 Brooklyn picks there's no way I do that deal, even if it gives us an outside chance of getting demolished in the finals. That Brooklyn pick this year is almost guaranteed top 5, with a solid chance at top 3. 2017 is likely top 10 at least, good chance at top 5 again. That's where out chance at a transcendent superstar lie. We traded #5 for Ray Allen and Baby Davis once. If you put prime RA on this team, you might have a better contender than adding Gallo and DH at the deadline.

I'm all for Howard, Horford or Gallo for that matter, just only at the right price. We have a bunch of guys and a bunch of picks that could push the needle for someone but are almost excess to us. If we can get Howard for Lee, Sullinger, Zeller and a couple non-Brooklyn 1sts I might do that. If we can get Gallo for Sully, Jerebko, Young and the Dallas pick, I'd prob be for that too. But we're not giving up the 2016 Brooklyn 1st for Howard or Gallo. Or Hayward for that matter. There's maybe 10 guys in the NBA Danny will trade our best assets for and those guys don't fit the bill.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 12:36:41 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm talking about picks. Isaiah, Smart, Crowder, KO, MIckey, Zeller are not on the table. the only players that are available are Bradley and Turner or our young guys or Amir   for Gallinari.  Lee and Sully for Howard.

So Bradley and Turner(or rj, young, rozier) or Amir
Lee and Sully are the only players being traded here.

All our picks are on the table except the 2018 nets pick and our own. We keep those as insurance. 

The 2016 nets pick would go to Houston in the Howard deal.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:42:17 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Amir for Gallo match salaries.  We could also swap Bradley and turner or our young guards there.

Lee and Sully match salaries for Howard.  Houston also gets the nets pick this year plus a ton more.

All our picks are available except the 2018 nets pick and ours. I am keeping those for insurance.

Smart, Isaiah, Crowder, KO, Mickey, Zeller all stay as well as Bradley and Turner or Amir.

We add Howard and Gallinari to that we are contenders this year and for the next long time I figure. 

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm basically offering those players plus a **** load of picks that we don't need for these two players where we are contenders for a long time. Keep our core and have insurance in 2018 to keep it going.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 12:53:08 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Amir for Gallo match salaries.  We could also swap Bradley and turner or our young guards there.

Lee and Sully match salaries for Howard.  Houston also gets the nets pick this year plus a ton more.

All our picks are available except the 2018 nets pick and ours. I am keeping those for insurance.

Smart, Isaiah, Crowder, KO, Mickey, Zeller all stay as well as Bradley and Turner or Amir.

We add Howard and Gallinari to that we are contenders this year and for the next long time I figure.

Too much to offer, IMHO.

In my eyes that 2016 Brooklyn first is off limits for anything short of an all-out superstar, which Dwight once was but no longer is. 

Not sure I'd include Bradley in a trade for Gallinari either.

I'd throw in either of the other two Brooklyn picks though.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 12:56:57 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think you aren't thinking this through though.  We aren't going to get an all out superstar.  Howard is the best we can do and even need to do. Plus he is a superstar. He's dwight howard lol. This is why we can even get him potentially.

WE can keep waiting on Demarcus Cousins and Kevin Love or even Marc Gasol but they won't be superstars either by the time we can get them. Dwight is in that KG window.

Dwight might not be KG but we are also a much better team than when we got KG.  It can be argued Dwight is in the KG tier anyways.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:04:49 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 01:07:54 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Isaiah, Dwight and Gallinari plus Smart, Crowder, KO, Zelle rand guys like BRadley or Amir, Mickey, Rozier, RJ and Young and Turner or it could be argued is a younger and much better team than when we won in 08. I think this team is awesome and has a great mix of defenders, ball handlers, shooters, scorers and a low post presence.

What do we need picks for?  As long as we have some and some insurance in a couple years to add to it what is the issue with this?

If it's not this we are praying we get Ben Simmons and we have too many picks where trades have to be made anyways.  We aren't going to get a superstar any other way. Or waiting to develop someone for 3 more years who is probably not nearly on Howards level. 

WE can hope a guy like Drummond comes available that's not happening any time soon either.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:15:12 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 01:15:42 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
That's waaaaay too much

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 01:30:05 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
 Outside of Simmons this draft there is no other player that is going to affect this team like Howard could. Plus he is a center. I think people are missing hte fact that we are going to start losing assets and have to use these picks this offseason.  It makes sense in ways to see if we get the #1 pick, but I'm not even sold Simmons is that guy for us.  From houston's perspective they might deal howard anyways if they are going to lose him this offseason in a sign and trade where it doesn't matter what pick we get.  But once we start losing players ourselves we lose flexibility to make trades like this.

We can outright possibly sign a max player and draft with Lee's expiring deal and if we dont reup Amir but even that is in question.

Those players have to be available.  But the point is we have Lee's expiring deal here and have to start drafting players with these picks. The picks themselves and Lee's contract has value to us as far as trades.

We can wait until this offseason and start drafting players but we currently have 8 picks and a full roster of players.  There is something missing with your thinking. It doesn't add up.

We should maybe find out what pick we have first but even then the value of the pick may then go significantly down.

Matching contracts etc and drafting players.  It's not too much to give up because deals that actually fit what we need are not easy to find.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:37:19 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 01:55:44 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I get what your trying to say, but Howard is long past that level of production.

The Celtics will not include the 2016 Brooklyn pick for anybody that's not a top-15/20 player right now. For Blake Griffin? Maybe? A 30 year old, past-his-prime Dwight Howard? No friggen way.

This team, even with Howard and Gallo on it, isn't good enough to win a chip this year or next. The 2016 Brooklyn pick is THE most golden asset we have. Ingram is a good player, potentially a Durant-like player. Simmons is next level good. Lab has franchise potential, a few other guys have all star potential.

Trading the 2016 Brooklyn pick for a half a year of Dwight Howard is unbelievably dumb, and Ainge would never do it. I'm sure Morey asked for it in their "talks", but it's just not gonna happen.

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:47 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Dwight howard would sign a multi year extension with us.  So would Gallinari.   We'd have room to do that.  It isnt for a half year of them.  Thinking they wouldn't do that is incredibly dumb.  We can offer more than any other team can. It might have to wait until the offseason to guage their market value and be a sign and trade but if we can sign them before that that's the point of the deal.

KG when we traded for him was in the same situation and signed a multi year deal with us if I remember correctly.

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 04:32:54 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Isaiah, Dwight and Gallinari plus Smart, Crowder, KO, Zelle rand guys like BRadley or Amir, Mickey, Rozier, RJ and Young and Turner or it could be argued is a younger and much better team than when we won in 08.

"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 06:52:16 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
over paying for howard
otherwise i like it
i think howard could be had for less
Amir , sully, and dallas 2016 pick