Author Topic: Noel to the Celtics Proposal  (Read 3827 times)

Noel to the Celtics Proposal
« on: February 02, 2016, 07:43:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Philly is moving towards winning Now. Saric should be heading to the states. They need some more experience and winners on their team.

Avery is a winner he's muched improved and he's a giant upgrade over Stuaskas, offensive and defensively. Are perimeter D would take a hit.

So Avery, Sullinger, Mickey, Rozier and the better of the Dallas or Boston 2016 first for

Carl Landry and Nerlens Noel

Say what you want about an Okafor Sullinger pairing, if they trotted out next year.

Okafor
 Sullinger
 Dario Saric
 Avery Bradley
 Ish Smith

Your going to win some games with this starting five, they might be better than the Nets next year.

For the Celtics we get are Defensive Stud to pair with Kelly and Amir. It opens up the roster to Draft Jaylen Brown or Kris's Dunn.

Also Smart could start and play even more minutes at shooting guard.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:00:24 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Noel to the Celtics Proposal
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:22:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
gross overpayment. 
a starting SG, a starting PF, 2 good rookie prospects AND a first rounder that's likely in the mid teens 
FOR
a no-offense center that doesn't rebound particularly well.

AB or Sully and a first.  maybe Mickey or Hunter but that's it.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:48:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Do you mean Gross as in ewwwwww

If we are going to lose Sully anyway Bradley Sully and Mickey is not an overpayment for Noel.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:55:24 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
They should give us noel and a pick for bradley

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
bradley for noel straight up is fair. they have to deal a big, no team is going to over pay for one.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Do you mean Gross as in ewwwwww

If we are going to lose Sully anyway Bradley Sully and Mickey is not an overpayment for Noel.
no guarantee we lose Sully.  pure speculation

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
gross overpayment. 
a starting SG, a starting PF, 2 good rookie prospects AND a first rounder that's likely in the mid teens 
FOR
a no-offense center that doesn't rebound particularly well.

AB or Sully and a first.  maybe Mickey or Hunter but that's it.

Philly doesn't give up Noel without a Brooklyn 1st. You are vastly underrating his value, and vastly overrating the value of Sullinger (expiring), Mickey (not so much a "good" prospect as decent/meh), and a mid-late 1st.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 10:48:59 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
And Noel is not the type of center that will make this team complete. We need a guy that can hit ft's and score. But Noel could always get better.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:53 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
In all of your opinions, who has more value as of right now: Noel or Myles Turner?

If Saric is coming back and Embiid then they have some decisions to make.
If Indy wants to pair better/proven players with PG to make the finals and they want to sell high on Turner then something could be worked out, but we would be overpaying. Turner was passed partly bc of health problems, he is a chip now but if he gets injured or the Pacers do not believe in him long-term( they have said the exact opposite) then idk.

I just want a center that not only compliments CBS system but can sustain it and really have us playing the best basketball possible.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 11:31:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Somebody come with a rebuddle then, if it's too much. You can sub Sully for Hunter or Young,

I'd give up both Hunter, Young, Avery, Mickey and a first but I keep Rozier.

And I'd do that deal for Myles Turner Too.

Anyone see Turner stuff Lebron at the rim, Lebron tried to Dunk it in his face and Myles wasn't having it.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 11:33:32 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
In all of your opinions, who has more value as of right now: Noel or Myles Turner?

If Indy wants to pair better/proven players with PG to make the finals and they want to sell high on Turner then something could be worked out, but we would be overpaying. Turner was passed partly bc of health problems, he is a chip now but if he gets injured or the Pacers do not believe in him long-term( they have said the exact opposite) then idk.

I just want a center that not only compliments CBS system but can sustain it and really have us playing the best basketball possible.

All things being equal, think it is probably pretty close, maybe a slight lean on Turner.  I think the fact that people know the 76ers need to move a center in the near future probably tips the scales even more in Turner's favor.  Really good, interesting question though.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 11:52:29 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Somebody come with a rebuddle then, if it's too much. You can sub Sully for Hunter or Young,

I'd give up both Hunter, Young, Avery, Mickey and a first but I keep Rozier.

And I'd do that deal for Myles Turner Too.

Anyone see Turner stuff Lebron at the rim, Lebron tried to Dunk it in his face and Myles wasn't having it.

It's not too much. It's ridiculously little, and it's even more ridiculous that multiple posters here think you should give the Sixers even less. Rozier, Hunter, Mickey, and Young are merely decent prospects. They barely move the needle in any deal. Any non-Nets 1st is only somewhat better than that. Noel should have been the #1 overall pick three years ago. He's only 21 and he's already a DPOY candidate. The logjam situation in Philly only makes him available in a trade, it doesn't diminish his value in that trade. He's worth a Brooklyn 1st. Bradley is a pretty valuable asset, but he's also not really what Philly is looking for, i.e., he's a veteran. Philly would insist on a Brooklyn 1st. The only question here is which Brooklyn 1st.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 12:51:07 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 And your overeating him a bit. For all his hype defensively he' 1.6 spg and 1.5bpg Granted he's only 21 years old. But he's also a poor free throw shooter which is a problem.

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 01:05:14 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Its an interesting question. I think in a vacuum, Noel is the more valuable asset. However I think that as you said Turner fits what we want to do much better than Noel does.

I dont see the Pacers looking to move Turner but I could absolutely see Philly putting Noel on the block.

Ultimately I think Turner would come cheaper and fits what we want in a center long term.

Id rather go for Turner.

Dont see either happening.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 01:14:26 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
And your overeating him a bit. For all his hype defensively he' 1.6 spg and 1.5bpg Granted he's only 21 years old. But he's also a poor free throw shooter which is a problem.

Cracking typo. Been waiting to use this pic...

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.