Author Topic: Greg Oden released from Jiangsu Dragons, NBA interest?  (Read 3861 times)

Re: Greg Oden released from Jiangsu Dragons, NBA interest?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 07:19:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Just say "NO" to Oden aka Mr. Glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSuF6HCqko

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 07:25:08 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Remember Oden or Durant was the draft debate?

Even worse, the final decision was Oden...really unfortunate for his career and the Blazers.

I think it's extremely unfair to label picking Oden number 1 as a bust. He was never a player that had a poor work ethic, attitude or skill development, he was simply unlucky with injuries. In all honestly Durant could have had the same high chances of injuries given how slightly his build is and his height.

Anthony Bennett is a bust, Thabeet is a bust, but I label Oden as simply unlucky, what if Shaq had an extremely bad injury when he was young and never recovered, is he a bust? Look at Bo Jackson freak of an athlete gets a extremely bad injury...career over.
Yeah, I'm gonna go with bust. Like Dolly Parton size bust. Major bust. He used to be Captain Bust, but now he's Major Bust. Some day he may be General Bust or even Commander in Chief Bust.

By that logic if he got shot or ran over after the draft he would still be a bust then?
I do think of Len Bias as a bust and if something bad happens to you from your own behavior I think of that as a bust too, however in this case he wasn't shot or run over by a bus.

If Greg Oden were a rapper he'd be Busta Rhymes

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34:27 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Is there interest in AI or Starbury?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 01:21:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Remember Oden or Durant was the draft debate?

Even worse, the final decision was Oden...really unfortunate for his career and the Blazers.

I think it's extremely unfair to label picking Oden number 1 as a bust. He was never a player that had a poor work ethic, attitude or skill development, he was simply unlucky with injuries. In all honestly Durant could have had the same high chances of injuries given how slightly his build is and his height.

Anthony Bennett is a bust, Thabeet is a bust, but I label Oden as simply unlucky, what if Shaq had an extremely bad injury when he was young and never recovered, is he a bust? Look at Bo Jackson freak of an athlete gets a extremely bad injury...career over.
Yeah, I'm gonna go with bust. Like Dolly Parton size bust. Major bust. He used to be Captain Bust, but now he's Major Bust. Some day he may be General Bust or even Commander in Chief Bust.

By that logic if he got shot or ran over after the draft he would still be a bust then?
I do think of Len Bias as a bust and if something bad happens to you from your own behavior I think of that as a bust too, however in this case he wasn't shot or run over by a bus.

If Greg Oden were a rapper he'd be Busta Rhymes

In addition to the injuries, he was also dealing with some significant alcohol issues.  Those obviously weren't the cause of his lack of success, but they certainly didn't help matters either.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »

Offline Johnny Mic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
The 650+ minutes over 25 games is the most organized basketball Oden has played since 2008.  That's an increase in production versus his time in Miami, albeit in China.

Old Man Oden is a freak of nature.  7 feet tall, 9'4" standing reach.  I've seen Dwight Howard block tons of shots into the stands.  Oden blocks shots and gain control of possession -- that's special. 

Found this interesting article that really doesn't talk about Oden's health or long-term outlook:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4574393-greg-oden-miami-heat-portland-trailblazers-microfracture-surgery-nba-amare-stoudemire-penny-hardaway

Oden must've been heartbroken when he found out he didn't need to have those early surgeries.

The video is entitled, "Reborn" -- could this be true?  What would Sully or Turner say about Oden?