Author Topic: Tristan Thompson idea  (Read 828 times)

Tristan Thompson idea
« on: February 01, 2016, 04:52:49 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
The point of this idea is comparing Sullinger to Thompson. Thompson is flawed and overpaid, but is Sullinger going to require just as much money or even more?

Would you trade for Thompson because he has a contract rather than face the unknown of what Sullinger/Turner/Zeller will bring in a trade with someone else or if they will just leave?

My idea is Sullinger, Zeller, Turner, Jerebko for Thompson, and two small contracts (Richard Jefferson and Jared Cunningham)

Re: Tristan Thompson idea
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I actually think that Sullinger will be cheaper than Thompson this year.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Yeah, I don't think Sully is going to get offered much this summer. I expect most teams will judge Sully to be a bench player because of his lack of quickness / mobility as PF and lack of size / length at center. A 20mpg bench player.

I don't think Sully will get offered big dollars this summer ... which is why I think Ainge will keep Sully in the end. Sign him now. Deal him further down the line.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 05:07:30 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Sullinger should be cheaper, but, I don't mind the 2 for 1 big swap featuring Zeller and Sullinger. Thompson is the best of both worlds as far as those two players are concerned. I'd consider JJ and ET throw ins at that point, not necessarily players I want to lose, but throw ins nonethelesss.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 06:43:12 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Sully's lack of dedication to keeping in shape makes his less appealing than Thompson.

But, to be fair, Thompson got paid because the Cavs had to retain talent.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 06:47:05 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

There are reasons this is so:

Thompson shoots  .64% from the field, and does not take shots he is not good at.

He has more RPG, but plays a little more than Sully.

He stays in shape and at a good playing weight.

Sullinger should be cheaper, but, I don't mind the 2 for 1 big swap featuring Zeller and Sullinger. Thompson is the best of both worlds as far as those two players are concerned. I'd consider JJ and ET throw ins at that point, not necessarily players I want to lose, but throw ins nonethelesss.

It might allow us to see Mickey at the NBA level too.  Something I hope to see one day but CBS is just as bad as Doc when it comes to rookies.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:03:04 PM by Celtics4ever »