Author Topic: Tyson Chandler?  (Read 3368 times)

Tyson Chandler?
« on: February 01, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Tyson is currently 33 years old and has about 3 years/36million left on his contract. Because Phoenix is basically pressing the reset button on their team, it makes no sense for them to keep him around.

Would you take him if you had to give up Lee (maybe Sullinger as well) and a late 1st Round pick? Not saying that I would considering, but it would def be nice to have another defensive anchor big to help out when Amir is on the bench.

I am all for any move that improves the defense.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:15:27 AM by coffee425 »
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Tyson Chandler?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Tyson is currently 31 years old and has about 3 years/36million left on his contract. Because Phoenix is basically pressing the reset button on their team, it makes no sense for them to keep him around.

Would you take him if you had to give up Lee (maybe Sullinger as well) and a late 1st Round pick? Not saying that I would considering, but it would def be nice to have another defensive anchor big to help out when Amir is on the bench.

You should, perhaps, check how Tyson has been doing recently before starting threads like this.

He's also on the books until 2019, when he will be 37 years old.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:46:38 AM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:56:30 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Tyson is currently 31 years old and has about 3 years/36million left on his contract. Because Phoenix is basically pressing the reset button on their team, it makes no sense for them to keep him around.

You should, perhaps, check how Tyson has been doing recently before starting threads like this.

He's also on the books until 2019, when he will be 37 years old.

I dont think Tyson Chandler is a bad idea really. Yes he is getting old and at the end of his contract being at 37 he might be retired by then...if not would be a great mentor to Mickey....plus he would be a decent starting center now.....he can still play...couple games ago the guy had 27 rebounds....in one game! When has the celtics last had a player with that many in one game?.......

I looked it up...Parish had 25 in 1987...before I was born lol
KG did have 20 in 2008 tho....BUT not 27!

http://www.nba.com/celtics/history/Stats_TheLastTime.html

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:57:07 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Giving up an expiring and a first round pick for Chandler? Yikes? If we gave an expiring to get Phoenix out of Chandler's money then we better be getting a first in return ourselves.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Chandler is 33 and he is down under 24 minutes a game, but his per minute production isn't much off his prime.  That said, he is going to get worse as he ages and won't be worth anywhere near his contract.  You don't ruin your cap space on Tyson Chandler unless you get him for almost nothing AND he is the final piece you think you need.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Chandler is 33 and he is down under 24 minutes a game, but his per minute production isn't much off his prime.  That said, he is going to get worse as he ages and won't be worth anywhere near his contract.  You don't ruin your cap space on Tyson Chandler unless you get him for almost nothing AND he is the final piece you think you need.

Oops. i was definitely wrong on his age. TP.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 10:17:26 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
not worth the $$$

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 10:22:50 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Chandler at this point in his career isn't worth the money, the Suns took a calculated risk in signing him in order to get Aldridge. This didn't work and there is no reason for the Cs to bail them out of this.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If you trade for Chandler, you offer Lee alone, and ask for another asset in return.

But I don't see the Cs taking such a deal considering: 1) their strong desire to maintain space for 2 max guys this summer, and 2) the fact that even a rejuvenated Chandler wouldn't make them a contender in 2016.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 10:52:11 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Also, horrible contract.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Tyson is currently 33 years old and has about 3 years/36million left on his contract. Because Phoenix is basically pressing the reset button on their team, it makes no sense for them to keep him around.

If I'm taking Chandler for Lee, I'm getting the pick - unprotected.  Chandler is cooked and that contract is horrendous.

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If Chandler was on the books for one more season I'd be ok with rolling the dice on him for Lee.  Danny seems very averse to adding non-star salary for next season so I doubt the team would agree, though.

But with 3 more seasons at that salary it's just a complete non-starter.  Maybe the worst contract in the league right now.

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If Chandler was on the books for one more season I'd be ok with rolling the dice on him for Lee.  Danny seems very averse to adding non-star salary for next season so I doubt the team would agree, though.

But with 3 more seasons at that salary it's just a complete non-starter.  Maybe the worst contract in the league right now.

Omer Asik's is worse if you ask me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 11:19:47 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Amir will make 12 mill next year EASILY.. thats all
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Omer Asik's is worse if you ask me.

Really?  More years, but the last year is only partially guaranteed, there's $1 million in unguaranteed incentives every year that are unlikely to hit, and the guaranteed per year for the 4 guaranteed seasons is like 30% less than Tyson's.  Asik's been playing terribly though, but at 29 he's not in the "every year will very likely be worse than the one before" territory Tyson is.